Over 40% of Americans Say No to Flu Vaccinations

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
From the OP link:
According to this analysis of data from a large-scale longitudinal study of elderly Canadians, vaccination against diphtheria or tetanus, poliomyelitis or influenza was associated with lower risk for Alzheimer's disease than no vaccination.
This indicates the OP link shows a lower risk of Alzheimer's with the flu vaccine.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
From the OP link:

This indicates the OP link shows a lower risk of Alzheimer's with the flu vaccine.
I know... Did you look at those that were excluded?

When that study was originally published, it had the opposite conclusion. They discarded those that died from Alzheimer's from the original study that only discarded those that died from causes that were not neuro-degenerative.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
It does, in a way that weeds out you asking just to ask.
Are you incapable of having a conversation like a normal person? I quoted the study (twice), and you are telling I did not read the whole thing - which to any logical person suggests you are asserting the study did not reach the conclusion quoted. When asked to point to what you were talking about, you instead pivot to playing stupid trolling games?

So ... what are you talking about? Are you disputing the study's conclusion?
Last hint; you mentioned all vaccines except flu vaccine.
"Flu" is short for "influenza." I mentioned flu vaccine in both my quotes.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
FOX 2) - Have you gotten your flu shot this year?

If the answer is no - and I'm not getting one! - you're not alone. A new study finds more than 40 percent of Americans have not been vaccinated and, in fact, don't plan on it either.

This is despite the warnings, potential dangers, and last year's record-number of flu deaths. The survey was done by the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago.

People under the age of 45 were the least likely to report being vaccinated.

The top three reasons why they didn't want the shot were: bad side effects; thinking they'll get the flu from the shot; or thinking it doesn't work.

Some think the side effects are worse than the flu itself, but that's just a myth. Usually the only side effect is a sore arm.

It's also a myth that getting the vaccine gives you the flu. The flu vaccine is inactive and cannot cause the infection. If you do get sick after getting the vaccine, it's just a coincidence.

Over 40 percent of Americans say no to flu vaccinations

Did you get your Flu Vac this year?

If not, do you fall in one of the top three reasons why?
I got mine. The Navy does not give me a choice. lol

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
I know... Did you look at those that were excluded?

When that study was originally published, it had the opposite conclusion. They discarded those that died from Alzheimer's from the original study that only discarded those that died from causes that were not neuro-degenerative.
This raises questions about the validity of the OP link, the statements made in it and the statements made about it in the thread.