OwlGore's $15 TRILLION carbon tax scheme.

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
I saw a lead into his movie this man is the biggest liar of all time.

Gore said years ago that sea levels would rise and the oceans will cover the 911 memorial.

Well he claimed his prediction came true, when the site was flooded by Sandy's storm surge..

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Even Republicans are beginning to concede that their is no longer any grounds to fight the unwinnable battle of climate change denial.

What many conservatives are beginning to do, is to pass legislation to clean up the environment that is grounded in reality, rather than to just lose the whole enchilada and allow the Democrats to set policy.

[MENTION=26366]Goofball[/MENTION] -- climate change denial is a sinking ship.....it's a political loser. Time to head them off at the pass and implement fiscal prudence rather than watch helplessly from the sidelines.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Republicans Tell Their Party It's Time to Address Climate Change

Justin Worland
Feb 08, 2017
A group of Republican elder statesmen called on their party's leadership to address climate change by enacting a carbon tax to replace much of the Obama-era environmental regulation.

The plan, proposed by a group dubbed the Climate Leadership Council on Wednesday, calls for a carbon tax that increases over time and distributes the proceeds back to Americans in the form of a dividend. The plan would be accompanied by regulatory rollback, including elimination of Obama's Clean Power Plan, and a border adjustment that imposes a fee on products made in countries without their own carbon pricing mechanisms.

The group includes GOP leaders from the administrations of Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, including former Secretary of State James Baker, former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and former Secretary of State George Shultz. Leading Republican economists Martin Feldstein and N. Gregory Mankiw endorsed the economics of the plan.

"The simplistic view is that Democrats want to solve climate change and Republicans don't," said Ted Halstead, CEO of the Climate Leadership Council, in a speech announcing the proposal. "As our statement proves, that is not true... it is not enough to repeal the current programs. You also must replace those current programs with something better....."

Climate Change: Republicans Ask GOP for Carbon Tax | Time.com

Sep 2016
My own world
I suggest Goofball and TNVolunteer73 not vote for Gore in the next Presidential election.

Reactions: 1 person
Sep 2014
United States
Even Republicans are beginning to concede that their is no longer any grounds to fight the unwinnable battle of climate change denial.

What many conservatives are beginning to do, is to pass legislation to clean up the environment that is grounded in reality, rather than to just lose the whole enchilada and allow the Democrats to set policy.

[MENTION=26366]Goofball[/MENTION] -- climate change denial is a sinking ship.....it's a political loser. Time to head them off at the pass and implement fiscal prudence rather than watch helplessly from the sidelines.

Who denies the climate changes?

Jul 2015
Florida
I wonder how much will end up in his pocket.

A fool's errand: Al Gore's $15 trillion carbon tax
Yeah right! That's GORE'S MO--'making deals', skimming, PROFIT first--the earth 2nd. Sure, you got him!

Who's the billionaire who OWNS 'funds' the Washington Examiner?? A billionaire, one of the richest in the US whose fortunes come from DRILLING and OIL. (He's branched out to movies and MEDIA since). Anyone think think he might have a 'bias' against people who don't wanna drill for oil? Or perhaps Anshutz just hates DEMOCRATS or geeky Democrats who believe in climate science.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
I suggest Goofball and TNVolunteer73 not vote for Gore in the next Presidential election.
Well, they probably weren't going to anyway, so my suggestion is to tackle the problem with a bit of levity, rather then to allow the Democrats to do it on their own.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
The article cites a source claiming that we have enough fossil fuels to last us 1,000 years, presumably with growth. Is there any scientific basis for the claim? The expert used in the OP's source (Dr. H. Sterling Burnett) has a PhD in "applied philosophy" - which doesn't inspire confidence in his claims.