Patriots Antonio Brown accused of rape

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown is accused of rape by a woman who says she was his personal trainer, according to a lawsuit filed in federal court in Florida, multiple outlets reported Tuesday.

Brown denied the allegations through a statement issued by his lawyer.

According to the reports, the woman alleges Brown, a resident of South Florida, sexually assaulted her three times -- twice in June 2017 and once in May 2018. The accuser and Brown reportedly met while they were both student-athletes at Central Michigan, the accuser a gymnast and a participant with Brown in a Fellowship of Christian Athletes group, according to TMZ Sports.

According to the New York Times, profane text messages sent from Brown to the accuser referring to sex acts were attached to the lawsuit. The Athletic's Nick Underhill tweeted what appeared to be screen grabs of the messages. In them, Brown seemed to imply any sexual encounters were consensual.

The accuser stated in the suit she ended her working relationship with Brown from there, but that when he reached out to her apologize -- TMZ reported the suit stating Brown "begged forgiveness" -- she reluctantly agreed to train him again.

But, according to the suit, the accuser said that on May 20, 2018, Brown pushed her onto a bed face first, then "forcibly" raped her. Though she shouted "no" and "stop," the accuser stated that Brown refused and raped her, the Times reported.

Neither the Patriots nor Raiders could be reached for comment when the Times reached out.

Reports: Patriots' Antonio Brown accused of rape in lawsuit

Reactions: The Man
May 2019
midwest
I don't believe it. I think this is a stunt.

.. And I hate Antonio Brown.

Belichick addresses Antonio Brown sexual assault allegations
nfl.com

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said the team takes the sexual assault allegation against Antonio Brown "very seriously" while speaking with reporters Wednesday.

In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in the Southern District of Florida, Brown was accused of sexual assault on three separate occasions including rape in 2018 by a former trainer.

Brown has denied the allegations. Darren Heitner, a lawyer representing Brown, told The Associated Press on Tuesday his client plans to countersue.

"On Antonio's situation, both Antonio and his representatives have made statements and so I'm not going to be expanding on any of those," Belichick said. "They are what they are. We've looked into the situation, we're taking it very seriously. All the way through the organization. I'm sure there are questions, but I'm not going to be entering any discussion about that."
:cool:

Reactions: The Man
Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Belichick addresses Antonio Brown sexual assault allegations
nfl.com

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said the team takes the sexual assault allegation against Antonio Brown "very seriously" while speaking with reporters Wednesday.

In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in the Southern District of Florida, Brown was accused of sexual assault on three separate occasions including rape in 2018 by a former trainer.

Brown has denied the allegations. Darren Heitner, a lawyer representing Brown, told The Associated Press on Tuesday his client plans to countersue.

"On Antonio's situation, both Antonio and his representatives have made statements and so I'm not going to be expanding on any of those," Belichick said. "They are what they are. We've looked into the situation, we're taking it very seriously. All the way through the organization. I'm sure there are questions, but I'm not going to be entering any discussion about that."
:cool:
Bill the crazy football genius?

Ok...

He's the master of coach-speak (saying nothing while addressing the press).

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
The big delay on reporting the event(s) doesn't help her credibility.

Which doesn't mean that the assault never happened. Time to let the authorities/prosecutors look at the physical evidence and get statements.

(....and for me to decide whether to play the annoying/derelict fuck in my fantasy lineup this week.)

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Football players don't succeed by being smart, moral or law abiding.

ok.....a bit to broad/general but true.