Paula Deen Lands $75 Million Deal After Racial Slur Scandal

Apr 2011
Under your skin
Don't count Paula Deen out just yet, y'all. The embattled Southern chef has landed a $75 million investment deal less than a year after a racial slur scandal threatened to ruin her career, CNN Money reports.
Deen is partnering with investor Najafi Media on a new company, Paula Deen Ventures, which will include her restaurants, cookbooks, cookware, and cruises, among other things. In a statement about the project, Najafi Media founder and CEO Jahm Najafi told CNN he has "a deep respect for the hard work, unique content, and quality products which Paula has built around her brand."

The news comes several months after the former Food Network star's involvement in a racial discrimination lawsuit from an ex-employee, which resulted in her being dropped by sponsors including JC Penney, Wal-Mart, Kmart, and Smithfield Foods. The case was ultimately dropped, but not until after Deen's career had taken several hits.

Paula Deen Lands $75 Million Deal After Racial Slur Scandal

Good for her. She probably came out ahead after the accusations.

Last edited:
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Strange, you defend her and condemn a black politician for ragging on Clarence Thomas, master of doublethink, indeed.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
Strange, you defend her and condemn a black politician for ragging on Clarence Thomas, master of doublethink, indeed.
The suit against her was dropped as they accusations were false.

It's not that hard if you try and think about it, but I know I am asking too much.

It seems like I have a stalker since every time I post a thread, there you are. Glad that I give your life meaning. LOL.

May 2012
By the wall
Well its funny that Al Sharpton supports Deen and after the idiot Jesse Jackson's foundation did an investigation and found "nothing overtly racist" its kind of hard to hang a noose around the woman's neck. Even our favorite Bill Maher supports Deen so if these people are giving her a pass then I suppose its all good.

Hell, I researched it a little and couldn't find anything more then stupid accusations except for the admittance to the fact that 30 years ago Deen said some stuff. I think we've all said crap in the past that we would kinda like to have back.

I wish her the best of luck going into the future.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
And you did the exact same thing, vice-versa.........

(You do realize that, right?)
And of course he missed the point that what Paula Deen was accused of turn out to be untrue even thought she admitted to making some inappropriate comments 30 years ago which had no bearing on the lawsuit.

The comments made by the congressman about Thomas were tweeted out recently and the person who made them has not denied them, but claims he was misunderstood. Not sure how you can call someone an "Uncle Tom" and say you hate someone because they married someone of a different race and be misunderstood.

I guess you would have to have a liberal brain to understand it. Thank God I don't. That would be more suffering than I could bear.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
And you did the exact same thing, vice-versa.........

(You do realize that, right?)
Did I defend anyone or attack anyone? No attack on this thread, let me check the other one, I asked if the story bothered the OP, and I questioned the journalism of the Washington Times, that's it. Sorry if that makes me a hypocrite. Is pointing out hypocrisy now hypocrisy?

Reactions: 1 person