Pay Attention to H.R.5383 that the Democrats are trying to Quietly Shove Down Our Throats

Oct 2019
Earth
To summarize, the bill allows criminal illegals to re-enter the U.S. at our expense, eliminates the law that felons be deported, etc. It's over 4000 pages long and I haven't read the entire thing yet.

Why would ANYONE ever think that was a good idea??

I suspect that this has a close to 0% chance at surviving the process.

Reactions: Izzshemovin
Feb 2018
Texas
SECTION 1. Short title.

This Act may be cited as the “New Way Forward Act”.

TITLE I—End Mandatory Detention and Require Probable Cause for Arrest
SEC. 101. Phase-out of private for-profit detention facilities and use of jails.

Latest Action: House - 01/30/2020 Referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration and Citizenship. (All Actions)
So what's your problem?

:cool:
Why don't you read the damn thing before mouthing off?

Oct 2019
Earth
I suspect it's one of the bills democrats are complaining that Mitch won't touch.
I'm not even reading it, 4000 pages, they aren't even hiding it by the title. At least Bush and others were clever with the names, a "patriot act" that can deprive citizens of their rights.

They are pushing these Bill's that must have been written on the assumption that Clinton was president.

I wonder the percentage that will read before voting?

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
I'm not even reading it, 4000 pages, they aren't even hiding it by the title. At least Bush and others were clever with the names, a "patriot act" that can deprive citizens of their rights.

They are pushing these Bill's that must have been written on the assumption that Clinton was president.

Since it's still in committee, I'd say all this pearl clutching is premature.

Feb 2018
Texas

Probably very low. I'll be making phone calls to Capitol Hill (again) but a majority of people don't even pay attention to these issues.