PBS series on VIET NAM by Ken Burns starts tonight!

Jul 2014
midwest
Should be epic!

Up against the NFL, though.

The good thing about PBS is they will replay it, probably many times over the next year.

Reactions: 1 person

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I have so been looking forward to this. I can understand how some Vietnam vets might not want to watch, but for those of us who weren't there it's probably good that we have a better understanding of it and the whole era.

Reactions: 3 people
Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
I have so been looking forward to this. I can understand how some Vietnam vets might not want to watch, but for those of us who weren't there it's probably good that we have a better understanding of it and the whole era.
Exactly. Also too - Ken Burns. But, PBS American Experience also has some excellent documentaries on the subject. I recently watched one on My Lai. Even though I am familiar with what happened, I still learned a lot from it.

Mar 2010
Indiana
Perhaps we as individuals can learn from it but it seems our government and military complex never learns from the past.

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
Exactly. Also too - Ken Burns. But, PBS American Experience also has some excellent documentaries on the subject. I recently watched one on My Lai. Even though I am familiar with what happened, I still learned a lot from it.

May 2012
By the wall
I'm sure it will be good.

I've watched so many at this point now that I doubt there is much I will learn from it.

I'm kind of curious why they made it with the massive amount of documentaries already on the subject.