Pelosi Begs Progressives Not to Criticise "Centrists" in Public

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Fuck off, Nancy.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi chided progressives in a closed-door meeting Wednesday, calling on them to address their intra-party grievances privately rather than blasting their centrist colleagues on Twitter.

Pelosi’s comments, which were described as stern, came during the first full caucus meeting since a major blow up over emergency border funding last month between progressive and moderate lawmakers as well as a recent spat with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and her freshman allies.

*Snip*
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEHTdNeotlfgUdx0a32bl344qGQgEKhAIACoHCAow4Zn5CjCu8uACMNSiwQU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

Seriously, Nancy.

Fuck off.

Your thoughts?

Jun 2007
Ohio
Depends on what their centrism consists of. In my view, anyway.

Sherrod Brown is someone who is good at representing a red state while not sacrificing his progressive principles and people here respect that. All centrists aren't bad. Rand Paul is another example of people crossing the aisle on principle. I think it's commendable if someone rejects their party's status quo if they're taking the side of their constituents, the side of civil rights or constitutionality. I've heard many people, including conservatives on this board, praise Dennis Kuchinich for being a principled person even though they disagreed with much of his ideology.

We need to redefine centrism to mean something besides caving in to special interests and selling out to party politics.

Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I love how liberals extremist have hijacked the term "progressive". Hillary Clinton was a progressive. So is Joe Biden. Bernie Sanders is an extremist. AOC same difference. That said. Pelosi is just doing her job. She's the one that's going to be blamed if Trump is reelected and/or Republican's take back the House. Messaging is pretty SOP.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Rep Cortez is a neophyte. She may want to get some more experience in the HoR before calling out the Speaker. In addition, it would behoove her to get some legislative accomplishments under her belt. Firing off bombastic tweets comes across as self serving.
Yeah, there is that. But her youth and inexperience -- and confrontations with powerful people -- are her style. It's why her constituents voted for her.

Anyway, she's not Pelosi's pupil.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I love how liberals extremist have hijacked the term "progressive". Hillary Clinton was a progressive. So is Joe Biden. Bernie Sanders is an extremist. AOC same difference. That said. Pelosi is just doing her job. She's the one that's going to be blamed if Trump is reelected and/or Republican's take back the House. Messaging is pretty SOP.
"Liberal extremists"?

HITF is Hillary a "progressive"?

Jul 2014
CA
Yeah, there is that. But her youth and inexperience -- and confrontations with powerful people -- are her style. It's why her constituents voted for her.

Anyway, she's not Pelosi's pupil.
Pretty sure Pelosi's job is to get whoever the nominee is elected as POTUS

Nothing more important than that.

And if people like AOC don't realize that, then maybe they should not be in politics.