Pelosi Begs Progressives Not to Criticise "Centrists" in Public

Nov 2014
North Carolina
As we know, that is different, different, different...Mitch is just doing his job....
I didn't even mention "Mitch" in my comment nor did I suggest the GOP wasn't partisan.

That was just another one of her silly red herrings she often resorts to because she can't handle hearing the truth about her precious Pelosi. So stop adding to her farce by pretending I was saying something I did not remotely say or even imply.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Democrats are, so long as they make more sense than Republicans. Attacking each other is dumb. They shouldn't do it. Their leader should encourage them not to. That's politics 101.

If you want to be pure, you'll be powerless. You can say exactly what you want, attack whomever you like, and compromise with no one and you can distill your own political perfection into whatever glass you want to drink from. But you'll never, ever be able to enact a single element of whatever it is you want because you'll never win an election.

"Politics is the art of the possible."
We have several posters on here that simply cannot fathom that basic rule.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I didn't even mention "Mitch" in my comment nor did I suggest the GOP wasn't partisan.

That was just another one of her silly red herrings she often resorts to because she can't handle hearing the truth about her precious Pelosi. So stop adding to her farce by pretending I was saying something I did not remotely say or even imply.
It is just silly to call out a Speaker of the House or a Senate Majority leader as a partisan hack, that is their fucking JOB.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
It is just silly to call out a Speaker of the House or a Senate Majority leader as a partisan hack, that is their fucking JOB.
Actually her job is to represent her district.

But no - it's not "silly" to call a partisan hack a partisan hack.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Actually her job is to represent her district.

But no - it's not "silly" to call a partisan hack a partisan hack.
She wears two hats, her district rep hat plus Speaker of the House, she does both damn good. And yeah, it is, when not being a partisan would cost them their job. Just stupid.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
She wears two hats, her district rep hat plus Speaker of the House, she does both damn good. And yeah, it is, when not being a partisan would cost them their job. Just stupid.
How does shutting down criticism of democrats who oppose a National Healthcare Service help her district that wants one? If you think that's doing a "damn good job" I know not to hire you for anything ever.

There is more to politics than just having a D or an R in front of your name. The policies the candidates actually support matter to some people... and should be of far greater importance than what silly party they belong to.

This is why the first thing I would do if I was ever a lawmaker in this country would be to outlaw stupid political parties. Our debates should be about ideas and policies - not party interests.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
How does shutting down criticism of democrats who oppose a National Healthcare Service help her district that wants one?

There is more to politics than jut having a D or an R in front of your name. The policies the candidates actually support actually does matter to some people...
If she was not representing her district she would not get reelected year after year. Quit trying to manage the Democratic caucus, you are not qualified.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
If she was not representing her district she would not get reelected year after year. Quit trying to manage the Democratic caucus, you are not qualified.
Notice how you couldn't answer my question and resorted to lame misdirection instead.

That speaks for itself.

Her job first and foremost is to represent her district. It certainly isn't to shut down public criticism of so-called "moderate" democrats who are standing in the way of a National Healthcare Service - which is what most democrats want and certainly what the democrats in her district want. That's the issue that won her party back the house in the first place. So for her to try and silence other members like Cortez who are standing on principles and policies instead of banal party interests is pathetic.

This is why I hate partisanship. I hope Cortez tells her to shove it.