Pelosi Begs Progressives Not to Criticise "Centrists" in Public

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
Incorrect. If left to only two viable choices, I will pick the one that is for less wealth redistribution and government control, though.
In theory, we could have candidate could allege to be for less wealth redistribution but who ends up promoting policies that result in a boom-bust business cycle, the bust side of which causes vast fortunes to disappear. We could also have a candidate who alleges to be for greater wealth redistribution but is basically just saying that to win votes, and once in office will understand the landscape and play nice with all manner of banks, corporations, and interest groups, as a way of maintaining relative political peace and stability.

The rich got way, way richer under both Clinton and Obama, all their public statements as to inequality notwithstanding. There was also some considerable indication that the regulations on banks under Obama were mostly illusory, that the administration wanted to keep up pretenses that there was harsh regulation, but the actual orders were to mostly defer. Deep red conservatives will always repeat the meme that Obama was a redistributionist, but this just indicates they're too lazy to pay attention to what his administration actually did.

All of that is to say, best not to just take politicians' word for it, the devil's in the details and sometimes you have to sort of read between the lines.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
It's almost like you didn't realize that your "big tent" strategy of coddling every fringe, nutbag demographic might one day bite you in the ass. Democrats have sacrificed long term viability for short term feel-good emotional salves. Now you reap what you've sown.
Bullshit, these ankle biters have been around forever, cost us the 2000 election and several more. What the fuck do you care, you are a Rand Cultist that hates any kind of government and would be happy in a Lord of the Flies anarchy as long as you held the reins.
quote-we-don-t-pay-taxes-the-little-people-pay-taxes-leona-helmsley-52-11-01.jpg

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
Bullshit, these ankle biters have been around forever, cost us the 2000 election and several more. What the fuck do you care, you are a Rand Cultist that hates any kind of government and would be happy in a Lord of the Flies anarchy as long as you held the reins.
Your silly over-utilization of the "Rand Cultist" is really no different than a La-Z-Boy Fox News curmudgeon referring to all liberals as Marxists.

Reactions: orangecat
Jun 2014
United States
She did this to Hillary and now her new female demon is Nancy. It is a joke. I think she backs losing candidates and gets carried away. She flips between being extremely conservative and head in the clouds imitation-liberal so it is hard to really care what she says. Lol

Impossible, IMHO.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
So you're a guaranteed Republican vote just like Gaffer and Minotaur are guaranteed Democrat votes.
The last time a third party won a Presidential election was in never.

United States politics is often characterized as a "two-party" system. For much of its history, these two dominant parties have been the Republican and Democratic party, with the Whigs, Federalists, and Democratic-Republicans dominating portions of its earlier years.
Work within the two party system or be irrelevant, that is the two choices.

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
I've Got Nowhere Else to Go
The last time a third party won a Presidential election was in never.

Work within the two party system or be irrelevant, that is the two choices.
Abe Lincoln was a third-party candidate of sorts, but OK. I've always been clear that if the two-party system is a trap we can never escape, then I'll happily be irrelevant. Suits me fine.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Yeah, there is that. But her youth and inexperience -- and confrontations with powerful people -- are her style. It's why her constituents voted for her.

Anyway, she's not Pelosi's pupil.
She has yet to experience the disappointment of discovering the people you think you're leading becoming bored with you. It will happen. Thing is, a lot of Americans listen to her because they already didn't like Pelosi and the "establishment" democrats, doesn't mean they agree with her on every issue.