Pelosi Begs Progressives Not to Criticise "Centrists" in Public

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Abe Lincoln was a third-party candidate of sorts, but OK. I've always been clear that if the two-party system is a trap we can never escape, then I'll happily be irrelevant. Suits me fine.
I feel your pain but the only we are going to become a Parlimentary Democracy is with massive changes to the Constitution. The wealthy Founders did not trust the Hoi Polloi to actually run the country, whatever made you think that was the plan?

Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
I feel your pain but the only we are going to become a Parlimentary Democracy is with massive changes to the Constitution. The wealthy Founders did not trust the Hoi Polloi to actually run the country, whatever made you think that was the plan?
All that needs to happen for third-party candidates to win is for people to vote for them.

Jun 2014
United States
All that needs to happen for third-party candidates to win is for people to vote for them.

That's the absolute, unvarnished truth.

It's also why a third party candidate has never won the presidency. Of course, it's not impossible for it to happen. It's also possible that Vandy will win the National Championship in college football in 2019.

Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
That's the absolute, unvarnished truth.

It's also why a third party candidate has never won the presidency. Of course, it's not impossible for it to happen. It's also possible that Vandy will win the National Championship in college football in 2019.
In order for people to vote third party in large numbers, the two-party system needs to become so unbelievably, instinctively, viscerally repulsive to the population at large that all these rationalizations about centrism and lesser-of-two-evils and have-you-seen-the-other-guy and so forth become 'no longer operative.' that may happen; it may not. these rationalizations are clearly ingrained at a very basic level.

If this happens, we've got a chance. If it doesn't, then we don't, and some other country will come in to take the US's place as a global hegemon, or we go back to being a multi-polar world.

Apr 2018
oregon
All of that is to say, best not to just take politicians' word for it, the devil's in the details and sometimes you have to sort of read between the lines.
Agreed. That's why I consider politics as entertainment while I mold my life to be least affected regardless of which party/politician prevails.

Last edited:
Jun 2007
Ohio
Your silly over-utilization of the "Rand Cultist" is really no different than a La-Z-Boy Fox News curmudgeon referring to all liberals as Marxists.
IMO, Rand wasn't as bad the establishment Republicans (and some Democrats) of today. My understanding of Rand is she never would have approved of bailouts or a lot of the "privatization" that seems to be the norm any more. We don't have a lot of pure capitalists who think the government should stay out of the way of business and vice versa.

Right now we literally have hundreds of lobbyists in DC trying to use their influence to get the government to legislate in favor of their industries.

Apr 2018
oregon
It just seemed to fit...you think your posts make you look appealing? LOLOLOLOLOL Most hateful poster on the board and it is not even close...
You just illustrate your delusion and emotional insecurity with every post. You're like a caricature of everything revolting about PC culture.

Up next will be your typical "last post" tripe.

Last edited: