Pelosi planning to send Senate impeachment articles 'soon'

Jul 2011
Tennessee
This comes down to, the senate is going to pretty much follow the same rules for Clinton's impeachment.

----------------------------

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters Thursday that she is getting ready to send the Senate the impeachment articles that she's been withholding for three weeks.

"I'm not holding on to them indefinitely," Pelosi told reporters. "I'll send them over when I'm ready. It will probably be soon."

Pelosi, a California Democrat, said she is waiting for Senate GOP leaders to reveal the details of their plans for conducting a Senate trial weighing the two House impeachment articles that accuse President Trump of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I have to think she has gotten an earful from the senators running for president. Booker has been open about how it will kill his chances at the presidency and will allow Biden to win it all. I wonder if thats a big part of her reluctance?

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
This comes down to, the senate is going to pretty much follow the same rules for Clinton's impeachment.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters Thursday that she is getting ready to send the Senate the impeachment articles that she's been withholding for three weeks.

"I'm not holding on to them indefinitely," Pelosi told reporters. "I'll send them over when I'm ready. It will probably be soon."

Pelosi, a California Democrat, said she is waiting for Senate GOP leaders to reveal the details of their plans for conducting a Senate trial weighing the two House impeachment articles that accuse President Trump of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

Why would the Senate follow the "Clinton Rules" when the House of Representatives did not? That would be really weird and inconsistent.

Pelosi got smacked by Yertle the Turtle this morning and knows she is done with her stall one way of another.

Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
Talk about a power groper. As the President would say, "such a nasty woman".

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Believe she would like to wait until after the SOTU speech next month.

But McConnell and crew are trying to put her on the spot and force her hand.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Believe she would like to wait until after the SOTU speech next month.

But McConnell and crew are trying to put her on the spot and force her hand.

Dianne Feinstein as well. She said yesterday that if its urgent, it needs to be addressed now. I guess she feels by holding it, voters might feel it isnt a big deal.

"The longer it goes on the less urgent it becomes," Feinstein said, according to Politico. "So if it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over. "

CtC

Mar 2019
California

Good. MTD time.