Pelosi Tells Deportable Aliens They Can Refuse to Open Their Doors to ICE Agents

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Wait, are you suggesting that those peaceful illegal immigrants are a risk of violence to law enforcement?

How do you reconcile with their illegal presence being only about wanting a better peaceful life?
well, you might think it's a joking matter. But, ICE officers are injured or killed in the line of duty all the time.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
well, you might think it's a joking matter. But, ICE officers are injured or killed in the line of duty all the time.
Whut?

*Snip*

The data on ICE agent deaths comes from the Officer Down Memorial Page that records the deaths of law enforcement personnel who perished in the line of duty. Since fiscal year (FY) 2003, when ICE was created, a total of ten agents have perished, but only six of them perished for injuries sustained after ICE was created in 2003 (Table 1).

*Snip*
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Agent Deaths in the Line of Duty

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
The undocumented are certainly going to be vulnerable to abuse or mistake by law enforcement, among other risks.

It's not hard to imagine all sorts of bad outcomes.
They are already criminals... If criminals are harmed by law enforcement actions to enforce laws, I gotta say, I don't lose a whole lot of sleep about that.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
They are already criminals... If criminals are harmed by law enforcement actions to enforce laws, I gotta say, I don't lose a whole lot of sleep about that.
Violating a court order to leave the country is not enough to classify any undocumented person a "criminal".

And whether it is or not, law enforcement activity that results in civil rights violations, injury or death to civilians, unfair arrest and incarceration, etc. SHOULD trouble you enormously.

Even if only because such conduct can be the basis of a lawsuit resulting in millions of damages.

Query: are they seriously going to try to pick up 1 million people? To be processed where? Held where? Deported to where?

Mar 2019
"US" of A
Violating a court order to leave the country is not enough to classify any undocumented person a "criminal".

And whether it is or not, law enforcement activity that results in civil rights violations, injury or death to citizens, unfair arrest and incarceration, etc. SHOULD trouble you enormously.
These human beings are "criminals" because of who they are. The history of the "discovery/settlement" of North America is ongoing.