Pelosi vs A Cortez

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
It demonstrates a lack of political acumen. Being at loggerheads with Nancy Pelosi is one thing. Making this about “her color” is farcical.
It was definitely a sort of accusation of racism without saying it. Bringing up color brought in a whole other dimension to this disagreement. Its why I keep saying we need to tone down the accusations of racism or it will be meaningless and the real racists will win. Even mentioning this in regards to Pelosi is just ludicrous.

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
It was definitely a sort of accusation of racism without saying it. Bringing up color brought in a whole other dimension to this disagreement. Its why I keep saying we need to tone down the accusations of racism or it will be meaningless and the real racists will win. Even mentioning this in regards to Pelosi is just ludicrous.
Agreed. I can’t stress this enough. Racism is a subjective term. It’s not always so cut and dried. If we are going to toss around “dog whistles”, should we accuse Rep Cortez of using one?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Agreed. I can’t stress this enough. Racism is a subjective term. It’s not always so cut and dried. If we are going to toss around “dog whistles”, should we accuse Rep Cortez of using one?
Yes. If we use the same standards.

Jan 2012
SoCal
Respectfully disagree. Speaking as a blue dog democrat, I do not consider myself “slightly less fascist or racist”.
Clearly you don't......but as Nancy and Joe are discovering parts of the party do consider them and you that way.

I hope anti-Israel, pro-terrorist is not the future of the Democratic Party.
You say that like it has to make sense.

Like universal health care?

I am baffled at intelligent people who seem convinced America can't do what every other first world nation does.
I am baffled at intelligent people who seem convinced that we don't already spend enough to have universal health care and when you ask where that money went and hear screams of racist, facist and sexist, that they don't realize these cries are covering for theft.

What is wrong with being moderate?

Casting all social media aside, most people are.

You just don't hear their voices because they get drowned out on places like Twitter and Facebook
The biggest problem with being moderate of course is that it makes you racist and fascist. You just didn't realize that yet. As anyone who is not a hard leftist has understood for a long time, mere policy disagreements mean you are racists, sexists, fascists, etc. No alternate conclusions are allowed. You must think like them or the ulterior motives are clear.

It doesn't HAVE to be that way. We could have elected Bernie if Hillary's inner circle had not illegally strongarmed the state parties. U
If Bernie had been nominated, he would have won.

I will NEVER accept that we can't stop things from getting worse, that we are powerless.
What about the other people? They aren't powerless either. They might be deplorable or clingers but they also vote.

You can't accuse her. As we've heard for a long time you can't be racist when of color because it's about power.

Interesting dynamics regarding race and color here that I mentioned in another thread. Pelosi is Italian and Catholic. She is not a WASP but she doesn't seem to understand that when marxism has redefined itself along identity lines she got moved. The Democrats have thrown the working Irish and Italian Catholics out of the party both for their religion and the fact that they don't fit into the world of white vs POC.

So basically to sum up, using that model and worldview, Cortez is right and Pelosi is absolutely racist. She's racist as a default. She didn't check her privilege nor have those who look, sound or have the same background as her. As Joe and Nancy are both going to discover, white males, Italians and Irish Catholics, they've been tossed from the party. They aren't wanted. Joe and Nancy are just the last ones to realize it.