Pelosi Won't Attempt to Enforce Subpoenas In Court

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Which you didn’t read, or didn’t understand if you did, because you wouldn’t say stupid shit like that if you could grasp it.
You mean the report that even Mueller himself described as finding insufficient evidence that a crime was committed?

There was nothing stupid about what he said. It was dead on actually.

Reactions: spyydrr
Nov 2014
North Carolina
He also said that Trump was not exonerated, that because of OLC policy a sitting president can’t be indicted, and he urged Congress to act.
It's not the job of a special prosecutor to "exonerate" (in this country you are innocent until proven guilty in case you forgot). It's his job to investigate to find out if there is sufficient evidence a crime was committed. And Mueller himself said point blank to congress (I watched him say it myself) that the DOJ policy had nothing to do with why the DOJ did not come to the conclusion that a crime was committed. He said it was because they found insufficient evidence of a crime.

So you're going to have to find a new talking point. That one is dead, killed by Muller himself.

Reactions: spyydrr
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
@excalibur......it would be astonishing if Pelosi chose not to seek a court order enforcing the subpoenas. I'm not even sure it'd be her decision; seems as if the House committees involved, which have/will issue the subpoenas, would seek to enforce them.

The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., says his committee is moving “expeditiously” on hearings and subpoenas. That committee, as well as the House Oversight and Reform Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Committee, have scheduled depositions starting this week for State Department officials linked to Trump’s dealings with Ukraine.

Democrats have issued subpoenas for evidence, including Sondland's testimony.

There is only one reason not to go to court, for Democrats: it could be a lengthy process. But historically, such cases have received extremely expedited handling.

I don't know much about your columnist, Bryan York, but I think he's mistaken on this prediction.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
It's not the job of a special prosecutor to "exonerate" (in this country you are innocent until proven guilty in case you forgot). It's his job to investigate to find out if there is sufficient evidence a crime was committed. And Mueller himself said point blank to congress (I watched him say it myself) that the DOJ policy had nothing to do with why the DOJ did not come to the conclusion that a crime was committed. He said it was because they found insufficient evidence of a crime.

So you're going to have to find a new talking point. That one is dead, killed by Muller himself.
This is wrong. Wishful thinking. However, the current impeachment initiative rests on different grounds from the Mueller report.

As with Nixon, it's not the crime. It's the cover up.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
This is wrong. Wishful thinking. However, the current impeachment initiative rests on different grounds from the Mueller report.

As with Nixon, it's not the crime. It's the cover up.
No, actually that's not wrong. It's 100% accurate. The wishful thinking is on your end I'm afraid.

And there is no "cover up" - at least not as it relates to Trump. He released the damn transcript and made the phone call in question public. The "cover up" was Adam full of schiff lying and pretending he didn't coordinate with this so-called "whistle blower" when he very much did.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
No, actually that's not wrong. It's 100% accurate. The wishful thinking is on your end I'm afraid.

And there is no "cover up" - at least not as it relates to Trump. He released the damn transcript and made the phone call in question public. The "cover up" was Adam full of schiff lying and pretending he didn't coordinate with this so-called "whistle blower" when he very much did.
It doesn't matter who the whistleblower is or what his motives were. What matters is whether Trump attempted to extort a political favor from the Ukraine in exchange for foreign aid, as he undeniably did.

Bitch about the process all you like. That activity offended Americans and Trump's attempts to frustrate the impeachment inquiry is tipping the balance.

I think he will be impeached by Christmas.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
It doesn't matter who the whistleblower is or what his motives were. What matters is whether Trump attempted to extort a political favor from the Ukraine in exchange for foreign aid, as he undeniably did.

Bitch about the process all you like. That activity offended Americans and Trump's attempts to frustrate the impeachment inquiry is tipping the balance.

I think he will be impeached by Christmas.
I don't have to bitch about the process Madeline. The phone call itself shows no extortion taking place and the President of the Ukraine himself says there was no pressure.

Your impeachment farce is dead already, you just don't know it yet. Even if you manage to get those moronic partisans in the house to vote for it - the senate is just going to shoot it down. The only thing you are accomplishing here is damaging Biden by bringing his involvement in the Ukraine into the light, which may or may not be a good thing depending on your point of view.

Reactions: jenniel