Pence, GOP senators discuss offer to kill Trump emergency disapproval resolution

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Vice President Pence is discussing an offer with Republican senators that could lead to the defeat of a Democratic resolution overturning President Trump's emergency declaration to build a wall on the Mexican border, according to GOP sources briefed on the matter.

Under the deal discussed between Pence and GOP senators, Trump would sign legislation reining in his power to declare future national emergencies if they defeat the resolution of disapproval.

Killing the resolution on the Republican-controlled Senate floor would spare the president a major embarrassment and avoid him having to issue the first veto of his presidency.

But there is some skepticism among GOP senators whether Trump will actually go through with it. And the plan is hurt by the fact that a bill to curb the president's power to declare national emergencies won't come to the Senate floor until after the March recess.
Pence, GOP senators discuss offer to kill Trump emergency disapproval resolution

this would only make sense in the Mr. Twit administration. Once again, Trump is offering up something he's not even entitled to , in exchange for Congress not voting to stop him from doing it. That's like a robber of a liquor store offering the money back in exchange for buying the store.

Last edited:
May 2012
By the wall
Brilliant.

So Trump gets what he wants and hamstrings future democratic presidents from doing the same.

And you folks say that Trump isn't good at what he does?

Hahahahaha

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Brilliant.

So Trump gets what he wants and hamstrings future democratic presidents from doing the same.

And you folks say that Trump isn't good at what he does?

Hahahahaha
He hasn't done anything yet. It's not even clear who's idea it was or if it will get enough support.

May 2012
By the wall
No I should tell that to you, since you are the one spiking the football, cheering your boy, even though he didn't do anything, at least not yet.
You're just upset that Trump beat you guys again.

I don't blame you, I would be also.

It must be so frustrating to be a liberal right now, the Mueller thing blew up in your face, the country is doing great...you are just losing on all fronts here.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
You're just upset that Trump beat you guys again.

I don't blame you, I would be also.

It must be so frustrating to be a liberal right now, the Mueller thing blew up in your face, the country is doing great...you are just losing on all fronts here.
lmao

Wow.

Seriously, lay off the Kool Aid, open your eyes, and introduce yourself to the real world. You aren't gonna get anywhere in life until you do.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Lee and a group of other GOP senators including Sen. Thom Tillis (N.C.) had tried to negotiate a deal with Vice President Pence whereby Republicans would vote against the disapproval resolution in exchange for Trump endorsing legislation sponsored by Lee to rein in the president’s power to declare national emergencies in the future.

“We tried to cut a deal, the president didn’t appear interested,” Lee told The Hill. “I’ll be voting 'yes.'”

Lee, fifth GOP senator, to vote against Trump's border declaration