People Are Abusing Their Pets To Get Opioids

Nov 2014
Canada
Depending on how one defines Animal / child abuse generally speaking yes, I would agree it's somewhat comparable. One sure thing for me is that IF beatings / torture are involved then yes GO STRAIGHT TO JAIL, and spend a long, long time there. That way they can spend some "quality" time getting to know Bubba.
I've always found this interesting: The mindset of "you hurt someone else, so we are going to hurt you". I find it particularly disturbing when it is government sanctioned. As fecked up as it is, most people who abuse, have been abused themselves. And as much as you may think "well then, they should know better", it's really freaking complex.

And this leads me to ask: You are willing to allow "Bubba" "quality" time. Are you willing to play the role of "Bubba"?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I've always found this interesting: The mindset of "you hurt someone else, so we are going to hurt you".
As opposed to what? Basic criminal law is that those who commit crimes - i.e., offenses against society - must suffer some sort of penalty.

I find it particularly disturbing when it is government sanctioned.
Not only sanctioned, but carried out. And it is appropriate that it be so, rather than private parties.

As fecked up as it is, most people who abuse, have been abused themselves. And as much as you may think "well then, they should know better", it's really freaking complex.
There is certainly something to that. But past abuse does not get someone out of being punished for committing a crime.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I've always found this interesting: The mindset of "you hurt someone else, so we are going to hurt you". I find it particularly disturbing when it is government sanctioned. As fecked up as it is, most people who abuse, have been abused themselves. And as much as you may think "well then, they should know better", it's really freaking complex.

And this leads me to ask: You are willing to allow "Bubba" "quality" time. Are you willing to play the role of "Bubba"?
Prison rape as a joke is a pet peeve of mine. You're just giving "Bubba" free reign to rape at will.

Plus the people victimized in jail tend to be younger, weaker offenders.

Different thread altogether though.

As to this pet thing, wouldn't the pet have to be rather large to get a dose worth bothering with?

Jul 2018
North Carolina

When a person makes bad. poor choices / decisions then there need to be consequences. If one acts on this poor choice, performs violence / cruelty on an animal and / or a child, is convicted in court of law, then he or she should be jail bound IMHO.
Now that being said, people who are not mentally sound should get help from a professional ( psychiatrist) of course. Those mentally ill people still should be separated from children / animals during treatment IMHO. For me, at the end of the day it’s about rehabilitation.
As far as Bubba is concerned, would I be willing to play the role? Only on Halloween ;). I’m not Bubba though, that person made bad choices, and is who he is. I like you, made / make good choices in life, so we don’t have to worry about becoming Bubba :). I think you’re going with the Friedrich Nietzsche angle, staring at the abyss, becoming a monster myself thought. Please correct me if I’m wrong. I understand / appreciate that as yes it can be easily done with oneself.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Opioid addiction is so bad that straight guys will literally suck a dick to get drug money. So this isn't a surprise.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Prison rape as a joke is a pet peeve of mine. You're just giving "Bubba" free reign to rape at will.

Plus the people victimized in jail tend to be younger, weaker offenders.

Different thread altogether though.

As to this pet thing, wouldn't the pet have to be rather large to get a dose worth bothering with?
Not really. With my small female, 10 pounds, she received about 6 full size pills. I had to use a pill cutter for her dose. I had to cut them in half, then cut the half in two. She was prescribed 1/4 of the pill 3 times per day as needed. Like I said above, sometimes it is not about getting a buzz, sometimes it is all about withdrawal and becoming dope sick. If you have ever seen withdrawal...it is a horrible sight. A addict will do anything to prevent that from happening. I think it is the reason a lot of them won't go into rehab.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Opioid addiction is so bad that straight guys will literally suck a dick to get drug money. So this isn't a surprise.
You should hear about what a woman will do for a pill. In Kentucky, one of the worse States for opioids, some will pay 80.00 for 1 pill, along with a vile sexual favor.