People Want to Boycott Budweiser Over Its Super Bowl Immigration Ad

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
A Super Bowl ad from Budweiser that shares the immigrant story of founder Adolphus Busch has prompted calls for a boycott from those who see the ad as overtly political.
The ad — which shows Busch's struggle as an immigrant in the U.S., where he is told he is "not wanted here" — debuted online Tuesday, just days after President Donald Trump issued an executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries as well as Syrian refugees indefinitely. Some saw the ad as an attack on Trump's policies, though Anheuser-Busch InBev said it was in the words before the executive order was announced.

Budweiser Immigration Super Bowl Ad Prompts Calls For Boycott | Fortune.com

So now companies like Budweiser can't even run ads that ""highlight the ambition of our founder, Adolphus Busch, and his unrelenting pursuit of the American dream," without the so-called president's snowflake crew crying about it?

Last edited:

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
I have been boytcotting Budwieser for decades.

While I do like the history of Amnheiser Bush, I am not so keen on their beer-flavored water.

Jun 2007
Wisconsin
A Super Bowl ad from Budweiser that shares the immigrant story of founder Adolphus Busch has prompted calls for a boycott from those who see the ad as overtly political.
The ad — which shows Busch's struggle as an immigrant in the U.S., where he is told he is "not wanted here" — debuted online Tuesday, just days after President Donald Trump issued an executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries as well as Syrian refugees indefinitely. Some saw the ad as an attack on Trump's policies, though Anheuser-Busch InBev said it was in the words before the executive order was announced.

Budweiser Immigration Super Bowl Ad Prompts Calls For Boycott | Fortune.com

So now companies like Budweiser can't even run ads that ""highlight the ambition of our founder, Adolphus Busch, and his unrelenting pursuit of the American dream," without the so-called president's snowflake crew crying about it?
If it adds purpose to their pathetic lives, I say let 'em. Bunch of snowflakes.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Screw Anheuser Bush.

I don't have to boycott them. Their products suck. My 10 year old can brew a better beer.

They should have also seen this coming.

Wading into the pool of politics is risky business especially if the majority of those you serve are conservatives.

Screw 'em. Let them get Dixie Chicked.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Companies like Anheuser Bush should think long and hard before making a political advertisement. There are a lot of conservatives that drink their beer. Budweiser has always been synonymous with America and patriotism. I do not see this putting them out of business but it could seriously hurt their bottom line. It was not a good move on their part to get political. They should have done a new commercial trotting out the horses or the Dalmatian. The person who made this decision will be out before the end of the year.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Calling for a boycott is about all the right has. The call for the boycott gets more effect than the actual boycott.

Conservatives don't even drink. You think some ol blue hair is slamming buds?

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Calling for a boycott is about all the right has. The call for the boycott gets more effect than the actual boycott.

Conservatives don't even drink. You think some ol blue hair is slamming buds?
Conservatives don't drink? Are sure on that? What about that stereotypical image of the NASCAR fan chugging that Budweiser?