Perez: Electoral College "Not a Creation of the Constitution"

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez incorrectly stated "the Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution" during a Tuesday night speech.

"The Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution," Perez said during a lecture at Indiana University Law School. "It doesn’t have to be there."

DNC head Tom Perez falsely claims Electoral College 'not a creation of the Constitution' | Fox News

Does anyone believe the head of the DNC could possibly really be this uneducated and ignorant of our American political process?

I suppose that could be argued.

I think it could also be argued that he is speaking to a bunch of millennial college students who most don't likely realize he is either being disingenuous with them at best but, most likely simply ALL out lying to them.

Reactions: 2 people
Jun 2014
United States
Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez incorrectly stated "the Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution" during a Tuesday night speech.

"The Electoral College is not a creation of the Constitution," Perez said during a lecture at Indiana University Law School. "It doesn’t have to be there."

DNC head Tom Perez falsely claims Electoral College 'not a creation of the Constitution' | Fox News

Does anyone believe the head of the DNC could possibly really be this uneducated and ignorant of our American political process?

I suppose that could be argued.

I think it could also be argued that he is speaking to a bunch of millennial college students who most don't likely realize he is either being disingenuous with them at best but, most likely simply ALL out lying to them.
Just curious... Where would one find a reference to "Electoral College" within the text of the Constitution?

Jun 2014
United States
Bonus Question: Why did the founding fathers reject the proposal to elect the President by popular vote?