Perhaps even more important now than when this video was made.....

Jun 2013
Here
May 2019
midwest
Arnold Schwarzenegger, who grew up around 'broken' and defeated Nazis, has some blunt advice for the alt-right (and Trump)

Is Arnold a perfect person? No, but he is a Republican and he has a unique perspective in consideration of when and where he was born.

I hand it to Arnold and any person, no matter what their claimed political party, that in spite of any of their frailties, stand up for what's right and speak out against what is wrong.
:cool:

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Arnold Schwarzenegger, who grew up around 'broken' and defeated Nazis, has some blunt advice for the alt-right (and Trump)

Is Arnold a perfect person? No, but he is a Republican and he has a unique perspective in consideration of when and where he was born.

I hand it to Arnold and any person, no matter what their claimed political party, that in spite of any of their frailties, stand up for what's right and speak out against what is wrong.
Telling the neo Nazis their heroes are losers is a good start.

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
From the link:

He explained that he was born in Austria in 1947, right after World War II, and growing up he "was surrounded by broken men, men who came home from the war filled with shrapnel and guilt, men who were misled into a losing ideology. And I can tell you that these ghosts that you idolize spent the rest of their lives living in shame. And right now, they're resting in hell." He said it isn't too late to change course, and he wasn't buying Trump's "fine people" excuse for the Charlottesville marchers.
"If you say 'Arnold, hey, I was just at the march, don't call me a Nazi, I have nothing to do with Nazis at all,'" Schwarzenegger said, "let me help you: Don't hang around people who carry Nazi flags, give Nazi salutes, or shout Nazi slogans. Go home. Or better yet, tell them they are wrong to celebrate an ideology that murdered millions of people.

This sums it up. Moderates and conservatives in the GOP should note these comments. Far right ideology should be called out for what is: abhorrent!

Jul 2019
Atlanta

He told the neo-Nazis that their heroes are losers.

Jun 2013
Here
He told the neo-Nazis that their heroes are losers.
I doubt they care, which is even worse than the Germans many of whom were unwittingly drawn in by the scapegoating, nationalism and talk of Aryan supremacy by the Nazis.

America and the world could always be surprised and it might happen if more people found a spine and spoke up like Arnold instead of enabling someone like Trump because they believe Trump will do something they will personally profit from, not to mention the bigotry he equivocates about.

Because I/we can't read Trump's mind, one can only speculate, based on his life history and comparing his rally talk versus is general talk, whether he does this unwittingly (ringing the bell that can't be unrung, once heard) or whether he fully knows what he is doing and denies that he is doing what he does with the intention of mobilizing a base of support by people with prejudiced and bigoted minds.

As a strategy, this would not be anything new, but simply the revival of the "Southern Strategy", intended to garner votes based on the bigotry of some, the same way the Nazis and their leader, wormed their way into supreme power by working up people's discrimination of others by the constant use of scapegoating, innuendo or outright bigotry.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia

There is also this with regard to "method".

"Whilst the SA and the SS played their part, the Nazis primarily focused on increasing their membership through advertising the party legitimately. They did this through simple and effective propaganda."

"The Nazis started advocating clear messages tailored to a broad range of people and their problems. The propaganda aimed to exploit people’s fear of uncertainty and instability. These messages varied from ‘Bread and Work’, aimed at the working class and the fear of unemployment, to a ‘Mother and Child’ poster portraying the Nazi ideals regarding woman. Jews and Communists also featured heavily in the Nazi propaganda as enemies of the German people."

"Joseph Goebbels was key to the Nazis use of propaganda to increase their appeal. Goebbels joined the Nazi Party in 1924 and became the Gauleiter for Berlin in 1926. Goebbels used a combination of modern media, such as films and radio, and traditional campaigning tools such as posters and newspapers to reach as many people as possible. It was through this technique that he began to build an image of Hitler as a strong, stable leader that Germany needed to become a great power again.

"This image of Hitler became known as ‘The Hitler Myth’. Goebbels success eventually led to him being appointed Reich Minister of Propaganda in 1933."
The Nazi rise to power – The Holocaust Explained: Designed for schools

This will of course be downplayed, distracted from and denied by those engaging in such things today, be they domestic or foreign.

The question is, will America allow themselves to be duped by these people, yet again, so that they hand them even more power?

Last edited: