Perry Lost The Debate AND His Presidential Chances Tonight Over Subsidizing Illegals

Aug 2011
He totally bombed in the debate and foundered like the Titanic. The reason, a poor performance, looking lost and pausing trying to put a sentence together and finally, his aweful stance on telling people you don't have a heart for not wanting to subsidize illegal aliens in having tuition to go to college. That and not wanting to build a wall to protect the borders just didn't resonate. Watching the post debate show on Fox News now is revealing that audience members are totally turned off by Perry and have switched to other candidates by his 'you don't have a heart' comment. I agree with them.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
He totally bombed in the debate and foundered like the Titanic. The reason, a poor performance, looking lost and pausing trying to put a sentence together and finally, his aweful stance on telling people you don't have a heart for not wanting to subsidize illegal aliens in having tuition to go to college. That and not wanting to build a wall to protect the borders just didn't resonate. Watching the post debate show on Fox News now is revealing that audience members are totally turned off by Perry and have switched to other candidates by his 'you don't have a heart' comment. I agree with them.
You like Palin.

Feb 2011
happyfunville
Not a good debate for Perry. Everyone else made forward progress, imo.

Sep 2011
I do not like Rick Perry, but I have to put that bias aside. When he answered questions about illegal immigration, he got very loud cheers from the audience. Not only did the audience approve of his answer, but he might have just won over latino voters as well with his answers. I do not like Perry, but the last thing he did was flounder in this debate. There are other candidates that I like better, but Perry won this one by a good margin. In addition to winning tonight, he won over some of latino vote as well. I do not like Perry, but he easily won tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: EnigmaO01

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
I do not like Rick Perry, but I have to put that bias aside. When he answered questions about illegal immigration, he got very loud cheers from the audience. Not only did the audience approve of his answer, but he might have just won over latino voters as well with his answers. I do not like Perry, but the last thing he did was flounder in this debate. There are other candidates that I like better, but Perry won this one by a good margin. In addition to winning tonight, he won over some of latino vote as well. I do like Perry, but he easily won tonight.
Freudian slip? Which is it?

Reactions: Inkslinger
Feb 2011
happyfunville
Every time Perry defends giving discounted education to illegals, his chances for nomination decrease.

Sep 2011
Freudian slip? Which is it?
This was not a Freudian slip, I errantly left out the "not". If this is your best reply, and you are going to do so in such a condescending manner; I suggest you improve your grammar when doing so. When a person tries to come off sounding as intelligent as you are attempting to do, strong grammar would be a wise concept. Are you familiar with a complete sentence?

Last edited:

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
This was not a Freudian slip, I errantly left out the "not". If this is your best reply, and you are going to do so in such a condescending manner; I suggest you improve your grammar when doing so. When a person tries to come off sounding as intelligent as you are attempting to do, strong grammar would be a wise concept.
How very touchy! Sorry, I was trying to point out that you'd been confusing. Well...and sometimes people try to create better ethos for themselves by pretending to be something they aren't, in this case a non-Perry supporter.
Have you ever heard of a complete sentence?
Sorry, English is my first language, and sometimes I take advantage.

Last edited:
Mar 2010
Near Austin TX
Perry had a bad night. But he can very well recover from this. We'll see. I think he can.

However, my guy Mitt just keeps humming along, solid as a rock. Newt is always strong as well.