PETA Wants You To Stop Saying These Phrases (and more)

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Can someone please address "the elephant in the room" here ?

Peta is "busy as a bee", "barking up the wrong tree" about verbal animal cruelty. They're going on a "wild goose chase" here, putting the "cart before the horse", well knowing that there is no way they can succeed. This is the tail wagging the dog.
Killin' it. Pun totally intended.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Take the bull by the horns - means to be brave with a difficult task or responsibility
Take the flower by the thorns - means you bravely did something stupid because your forgot to prepare (gloves)

Ain't no preparing for taking a bull by their horns.

Even though we are familiar with the Rose and Bougainvillea plants, there are relatively few flowering plants that produce thorns when you look at the wide and various species of flowering plants.
So picking a rose without gloves is ....talking the bull by the horns cuz you don't fear the thorns?

...Im a bad ass cuz I take the bull by the horn cuz I pick roses without gloves.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Gonna try to come up with some new ones:

"I'm not feeling too PETA right now, so let's get some wings!" - when you are hungry, you "aren't feeling too PETA right now"

"A PETA steak feeds no man" - when you get an undercooked or overcooked steak, it was obviously made by a PETA member and is now a PETA steak. Inedible.

"It's like a PETA fly trap" - a plant that only eats members of PETA, no joke or phrasing, it only eats those people.

"A PETA breakfast, famished and bruised by noon" - when you eat nothing but grains and egg noodles, you are always hungry and bruise easily.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
So picking a rose without gloves is ....talking the bull by the horns cuz you don't fear the thorns?

...Im a bad ass cuz I take the bull by the horn cuz I pick roses without gloves.
Bravery is not the absence of fear.

It has nothing to do with being a badass.

The term is one thing, and their replacement for it doesn't even make any sense.

Preparing to deal with a rose bush is one thing. But there really is no prep for taking a bull by the horns.

Nov 2013
NY

"I'm not feeling too PETA right now, so let's get some wings!" - when you are hungry, you "aren't feeling too PETA right now"

"A PETA steak feeds no man" - when you get an undercooked or overcooked steak, it was obviously made by a PETA member and is now a PETA steak. Inedible.

"It's like a PETA fly trap" - a plant that only eats members of PETA, no joke or phrasing, it only eats those people.

"A PETA breakfast, famished and bruised by noon" - when you eat nothing but grains and egg noodles, you are always hungry and bruise easily.
EGG noodles ???? you murderous MONSTER !!! them poor baby birds !!

Dec 2014
Brisbane, Qld. Australia

A PETA fly trap! LOL Nice one!