Petition to change Trump Tower address to President Barrack H. Obama Ave

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
Cool story, bro.

But this thread is about Trump Tower where Trump lives, and it's a thread in a web forum, not a map test.

And if you really know your way around the city, why wouldn't you stop a cabbie obviously heading to the wrong Trump property? Heh-heh...

"No, I'm just gonna let him take me there, then I'll tell him he gets no tip!"

Good times.

#ILTT

Nah, not paying attention, mostly, my bad. Hahahha!

Feb 2015
sadness
Best part is Trump's probably so behind on any accounts with the city that he has no leverage to stop it.

"President Barack H. Obama Ave."? More than 50,000 sign petition to rename street outside Trump Tower

A petition to rename a stretch of Fifth Avenue between 56th and 57th Street to "President Barack H. Obama" has now garnered over 50,000 signatures online. The suggested stretch also happens to be right outside the Trump Tower and the irony is not lost on anyone.

while i think this is damn funny.... no one will go for renaming any part of fifth avenue. Having an address on 5th avenue is half the price of the property.

and... it is right next to Flagship Tiffany. NO WAY will they give up their fifth avenue address to political bullshit.

Jun 2010
South Florida
while i think this is damn funny.... no one will go for renaming any part of fifth avenue. Having an address on 5th avenue is half the price of the property.

and... it is right next to Flagship Tiffany. NO WAY will they give up their fifth avenue address to political bullshit.
A street can be both numbered and named. Mine did.. I still go by the ave designation but it also got a name of some guy several years ago.

Soo anyhoo yah brilliant. I hope this happens :)

Oct 2009
Kansas
It's very clear that what we are dealing with here is a Personality Cult, on a national scale:

https://politicalhotwire.com/threads/analyzing-the-trump-personality-cult.211447/

And that's very scary. Bob Corker saw it, on his way out of the Senate. So did Jeff Flake.
I'll respect and even be friends with conservatives and other Trump voters who have turned on Trump or never supported him in the first place. I have a more complicated view of Corker, Flake and any official with actual power.

Yes, they spoke out in such a way that ensured that they would have no future in the Senate, and they at least realized this and accepted it halfway through. Yet even on key Senate votes where the Republican Party's interests would not have been unduly damaged by a No vote — only Trump's — they each consistently voted with their party and against Democratic efforts to check Trump. And then of course Flake chickened out on Kavanaugh in the worst possible way.

All along, they played this silly game where — especially Flake — the theme of the day was, what are we going to do about this guy? Either it reflected explicit media manipulation or an unforgivable lack of self-awareness and personal courage.