Phoenix Mayor Doesn’t Want President Trump’s Rally in His City Next Week.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
PHOENIX — President Donald Trump plans to rally supporters in Phoenix next week, and Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton is not happy about it.

Trump's campaign announced the event Wednesday — a day after the president blamed "both sides" for weekend violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, between white supremacists and counter-demonstrators.
"I am disappointed that President Trump has chosen to hold a campaign rally as our nation is still healing from the tragic events in Charlottesville," Stanton said in a statement Wednesday afternoon. "It is my hope that more sound judgment prevails and that he delays his visit."
Phoenix Mayor Doesn't Want President Trump's Rally in His City Next Week - NBC News

guess the Mayor is just not that into Trump. Why is PrimaDonald aka "President twit" holding a campaign rally anyway? The next presidential election isn't until 2020. Between his golf outings and taking time off to promote white supremacist terrorist , he's hardly getting anything done at it is. He won't be visiting Charlottesville to pay his respect. Mostly because he's obviously not wanted. As far as we know, he hasn't even called to pay his respect either. Yet, for some reason, he thinks he can move right along and hold a KKK rally, without having shown any moral leadership - when this country most needed it, under his watch. Of course, we only need that leadership because of the things he's set in motions. But still, he could at least try.

Reactions: 4 people
Oct 2015
Earth
Is he too stupid to know he doesn't have to attend?

Nobody gives a shit what he likes or doesn't like. It's not his city. It belongs to the people.

Now sit down and shut the hell up, Mr. Mayor.

May 2012
By the wall
Consider it his Obama's BP oil spill.

You remember how he flubbed that one up, didn't say anything about it until forced to.

Then it was half-assed.

Feb 2007
In my mind
If I had to guess why, it is because both McCain and Flake have been critical of him, so he needs a venue in Arizona to try and prove to himself he is not a coward.

Reactions: 2 people

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Is he too stupid to know he doesn't have to attend?

Nobody gives a shit what he likes or doesn't like. It's not his city. It belongs to the people.

Now sit down and shut the hell up, Mr. Mayor.
pssst, they elected him to represent them. If they aren't happy with him asking Trump to delay his visit they can vote him out of office. Irony here is , unless you live in that city, it's you who doesn't have any say.

Reactions: 4 people