Pink Quotas

Aug 2010
Redstate Missouri
Recently, there was a new law in Italy that requires Italian listed state owned companies to ensure that 1/3rd of their board members are woman by 2015. Can you believe this crap? What ever happened to the best candidate for the job getting that position? But, in this world of political correctness, this is the norm. I don't care what the percentages of women are on the boards of state institutions are otherwise here or abroad. The idea of forcing businesses to do these things is not based off of getting the best candidate for the job; instead, it is the almighty state trying to shove onto business their warped view of political correctness.

Political correctness is killing this nation - and other nations! Whether in a foreign country or here, what is the fixation with appeasing the whiners and cry babies that he or she can do a better job so long as they get that job based off of some qualifier?

THIS IS MADNESS!

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Recently, there was a new law in Italy that requires Italian listed state owned companies to ensure that 1/3rd of their board members are woman by 2015. Can you believe this crap? What ever happened to the best candidate for the job getting that position? But, in this world of political correctness, this is the norm. I don't care what the percentages of women are on the boards of state institutions are otherwise here or abroad. The idea of forcing businesses to do these things is not based off of getting the best candidate for the job; instead, it is the almighty state trying to shove onto business their warped view of political correctness.

Political correctness is killing this nation - and other nations! Whether in a foreign country or here, what is the fixation with appeasing the whiners and cry babies that he or she can do a better job so long as they get that job based off of some qualifier?

THIS IS MADNESS!
You must know all about the history of sexism in Italy to be passing judgement on their attempt to rectify sexism in their work place. So let's hear it, how would your resolve their problem with cultural deep seeded gender bias?

Reactions: Babba
Aug 2010
Redstate Missouri
You must know all about the history of sexism in Italy to be passing judgement on their attempt to rectify sexism in their work place. So let's hear it, how would your resolve their problem with cultural deep seeded gender bias?
I'm not picking on Italy in particular but gave you an example of where we have quotas being used to justify the thinking of the times.
On the idea of woman in the work force, I don't think that woman should be there.
Now, after that, the question we have is how we address blatant favoritism in the work force.

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not picking on Italy in particular but gave you an example of where we have quotas being used to justify the thinking of the times.
On the idea of woman in the work force, I don't think that woman should be there.
Now, after that, the question we have is how we address blatant favoritism in the work force.
Oh, no! Wait. I think we hit on something important here, I'd like you to expand on this idea:
On the idea of women in the work force, I don't think that women should be there.
By all means, please expand on, and explain further what you meant by that statement.

Reactions: Steam Heat

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
edited my response... didn't notice that you believe women shouldn't work at first.

So, yeah... pink quotas are needed because of people like you. ;)

Reactions: Steam Heat

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I can't think of any word other than gobsmacked! Wow. Just wow.

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Exactly the question they are trying to address. Historically women face very bad bias in Italy. With that attitude very ingrained in their culture, how do you address it? How do you force hundreds of thousands of employers to ignore their prejudice feeling, and do what's right? Their answer was to make a quota. Something like that could be repealed when people got the idea that women were capable of doing the job... but for the meantime, do you have a better solution?
Um...Chief? Based on his statement:

On the idea of women in the work force, I don't think that women should be there.
I think that you, and Neo-Con have two very different ideas about who is being victimized in the workplace in Italy. I could be wrong. I'm waiting for Neo-Con to answer my question, to be sure.

Reactions: Chief

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Um...Chief? Based on his statement:

I think that you, and Neo-Con have two very different ideas about who is being victimized in the workplace in Italy. I could be wrong. I'm waiting for Neo-Con to answer my question, to be sure.
Noticed right after I posted and edited. lol

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Noticed right after I posted and edited. lol
Yeah, I noticed he hasn't come back to answer my question. I suspect he may have figured out he might have wandered into a shit storm that he wasn't really prepared for...

Recent Similar Discussions Forum Date
Current Events