Planned Parenthood Is Anti-Human & Anti-Woman

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Clarification: Planned Parenthood performs breast exams / screenings.

While they do not specifically perform mammograms, Planned Parenthood provides the necessary information to patients, and connects them with affordable, local mammogram services by providing referrals and scheduling appointments.
PP was a fabulous advocate for women's rights. They did their best.

They are imperfect, but not bad.

PP should be closed because the abortion culture war should be over.

SHOULD.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
BTW, there's a stumper for any "pro-lifer" who talks about banning abortion....a question they'll eventually say "Okay, fine...it won't work EVERY time...but it'll stop SOME!"

The question?

"Tell us how you stop middle class and wealthy women from obtaining abortions?"

They have no serious answer.
They segregate women into Madonnas and whores .

Guess which one the non-rich women were, in the lexicon of woman haters?

Thanks for your post!

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Back out every medically complex Americsn pregnancy. The mortality rate for the remaining, healthy American women and babies is obscenely higher than any other first world nation. That's what I mean by "weighting" the statistics.
Are you speculating, or citing a statistical source that weighted the results against such factors?

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
PP was a fabulous advocate for women's rights. They did their best. They are imperfect, but not bad.

PP should be closed because the abortion culture war should be over. SHOULD.
If Planned Parenthood closed their doors, abortions would still be happening - by the millions, every year. Under such circumstances, the "abortion culture war" should be unaffected.

Reactions: 1 person

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
If Planned Parenthood closed their doors, abortions would still be happening - by the millions, every year. Under such circumstances, the "abortion culture war" should be unaffected.
I can't even begin to imagine PP closing their doors. They serve millions across the country with a wide variety of healthcare needs, especially for lower income women with nowhere else to go. Your right that abortions would still happen, but my guess would be that you would see the morality rate of those abortions sky-rocket.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Yikes! Mother and baby okay now, I hope?
It was a horror story. That was just the beginning. I'll tell you the rest via PM if you want. Mom is fine. The baby has autism (which was certainly not caused by her birth) but there were complication in her delivery that...maybe...caused her to have coordination and musculature issues that continue today. Hard to know what caused that. I'm told every woman with children has a "how horrible was my labor and delivery" story. I'll bet my wife's tops most of them.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Are you speculating, or citing a statistical source that weighted the results against such factors?
A little of both. I have no specific source in mind, but that analysis is fairly well-established and has been tested many times.

The US does a dreadful job on women's health, compared to other first world nations.

Kindly regard my post as an odds-on favorite guess.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
It was a horror story. That was just the beginning. I'll tell you the rest via PM if you want. Mom is fine. The baby has autism (which was certainly not caused by her birth) but there were complication in her delivery that...maybe...caused her to have coordination and musculature issues that continue today. Hard to know what caused that. I'm told every woman with children has a "how horrible was my labor and delivery" story. I'll bet my wife's tops most of them.
I am so sorry. Every couple looks at pregnancy as if the outcome will be a healthy Mom and baby, everyone is happy. We are blissful in our ignorance that this is not always the case.

Thank God it was no worse.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
A little of both. I have no specific source in mind, but that analysis is fairly well-established and has been tested many times.

The US does a dreadful job on women's health, compared to other first world nations. Kindly regard my post as an odds-on favorite guess.
Many "well-established" facts are extraordinarily misguided. If it is genuinely "well-established and tested many times," then providing a link or two should not pose any issue.