Please pray for Michelle Obama, who must endure 600+ more days as our first lady

Apr 2011
Under your skin

While hubby played golf this Mother's Day weekend, Mrs. Obama went to Alabama's Tuskegee University's. Her 3,700 words began in standard form, but quickly became a detailed recounting of American racism including the famed Tuskegee airmen who overcame it seven decades ago.
Then, her address took a turn we've become accustomed to expect more from her husband: The celebration of 500 hard-won graduations became instead a speech more about her.

To hear the first lady tell it, this has been a pretty rough time for her, living in the White House rent-free with her mother. Many sleepless nights. Taking numerous globe-girdling trips to five-star suites costing taxpayers in excess of $44 million.

People "will make assumptions about who they think you are based on their limited notion of the world. And my husband and I know how frustrating that experience can be.
"We’ve both felt the sting of those daily slights throughout our entire lives -- the folks who crossed the street in fear of their safety; the clerks who kept a close eye on us in all those department stores; the people at formal events who assumed we were the 'help' -- and those who have questioned our intelligence, our honesty, even our love of this country."

"Our entire lives"? If anyone crossed the street recently to avoid Mrs. Obama, it's because her large entourage of armed men and women steered them there. As for store clerks watching her, might that have some connection to fame?

When the first lady went into a Target store in 2011, she claimed another shopper asked her to lift something down from a top shelf. Mrs. Obama interpreted this as a racially-motivated assumption she was merely a store employee, not that her five-foot-eleven-inch stature made it easier. The kinds of awful things so common in her mind in modern America.

There is, it's worthwhile to note, another way to peruse the historic Obama experiences: Here is an imperfect but wondrous nation of some 315 million people that has in modern times made more progress addressing its racial legacy than likely any other land. It is a country that afforded both Obamas (and millions of others) a wonderland of opportunities.

It is a country that on the basis of absolutely no relevant experience whatsoever, nothing but mere hope, awarded its highest office to the first black man ever, her husband. Not once, but twice.

Yes, about seven million fewer voters chose Obama the second time, compared to 11.4 million more votes in his predecessor's second election.
And now, more of Obama's countrymen of all backgrounds disapprove of his job performance than approve. But that's not racism. That's realism.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Please pray for Michelle Obama, who must endure 618 more days as our first lady by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

Michelle, our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. One can only hope that you will be able to persevere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
I don't do prayer, but I don't envy her the task of putting up with nasty snidery from the peanut/wingnut gallery.

Reactions: 9 people
Aug 2012
Here
Moochelle really has problems. Like how she's gonna keep that posse' of hers happy when they can't do shopping trips on AF1...

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2013
VA
I don't do prayer, but I don't envy her the task of putting up with nasty snidery from the peanut/wingnut gallery.
BTW, naturally, they'll deny it....but all the "The Obamas are living lavish lifestyles" and "Obamas are arrogant and elitist" from the Right?......it's all based around one thing-

They can't use the word "uppity" openly.

Reactions: 6 people
Apr 2011
Under your skin
Moochelle really has problems. Like how she's gonna keep that posse' of hers happy when they can't do shopping trips on AF1...

No worries. Once her and her useless husband are out of the White House, they will be able to charge $100K plus to give speeches about how much they suffered from racism all their lives.

Liberal assholes and other like minded idiots will be tripping over each other to pay them to hear what they want to hear.

Reactions: 1 person
Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
what's the topic of debate suppose to be?
The purpose for this thread is to slam the President and his wife.

Never mind that what she said is the truth.......that doesn't matter to these racist posters.

Anything said by her will get the same results.

Reactions: 5 people

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
No worries. Once her and her useless husband are out of the White House, they will be able to charge $100K plus to give speeches about how much they suffered from racism all their lives.

Liberal assholes and other like minded idiots will be tripping over each other to pay them to hear what they want to hear.
So I take it you didn't even bother to read her speech or think of the impact it would make on the students? So not surprised. Pretty much impossible for you do to much more than go around throwing insults and having meltdowns about anything The President and First Lady do.

Reactions: 2 people