Police arrest armed man at Missouri Walmart

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
If you were wearing a bulletproof vest fully armed with a hundred rounds of ammunition it sends a message there possibly could be an attack. He is being charged with a terror threat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well fuck, there is always the POSSIBILITY there COULD be an attack.

Jun 2014
United States
Well fuck, there is always the POSSIBILITY there COULD be an attack.

If I'm not mistaken, this guy told police that was why he was wearing body armor and carrying firearms -- because the store might be attacked.

He was ready to be the good guy with a gun.

raj

Oct 2018
In your head
If I'm not mistaken, this guy told police that was why he was wearing body armor and carrying firearms -- because the store might be attacked.

He was ready to be the good guy with a gun.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/08/10/armed-man-who-sowed-panic-walmart-said-he-was-testing-his-nd-amendment-rights-police-say/

He insists he was merely flexing his Second Amendment rights.

I haven't read the whole thread...has anyone claimed he's mentally ill yet?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
@Ian Jeffrey,

It's not dark yet. What do you think?
Ok, I'm reading the thread now, though I have not read any of the articles.

I think that anyone walking into a store wearing body armor, legal or not, is a good sign of his intent to cause serious trouble. However, since he did not actually do something, he probably did not commit a crime.

Reactions: NightSwimmer

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
It's against the law to cause panic or place people in fear of imminent seriously bodily injury.
You are thinking, I believe, of a charge of disorderly conduct. I am not sure, however, that otherwise legal behavior could be so construed.

Reactions: NightSwimmer
Jun 2014
United States
You are thinking, I believe, of a charge of disorderly conduct. I am not sure, however, that otherwise legal behavior could be so construed.

I'm surprised that none of our second amendment warriors has yet come to the defense of this young man.

Is it because he carried an assault rifle into the Walmart, rather than the typical handgun?