Police arrest armed man at Missouri Walmart

May 2019
Backatown, USA
Ok, I'm reading the thread now, though I have not read any of the articles.

I think that anyone walking into a store wearing body armor, legal or not, is a good sign of his intent to cause serious trouble. However, since he did not actually do something, he probably did not commit a crime.
Lock him up.

<<Prosecutors on Friday charged Dimitry Andreychenko, of Springfield, with making a terrorist threat, saying he recklessly disregarded the risk of causing a building evacuation by knowingly sowing fear in the wake of the El Paso mass shooting at the same retail chain.

Andreychenko’s second-degree felony charge carries up to four years’ imprisonment and a fine of as much as $10,000.>>

<<While Andreychenko did not fire at anyone, according to police, a Battlefield City officer and another driver “suffered severe injuries” in a crash as the officer rushed to the scene with emergency lights and sirens.>>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...s-testing-his-nd-amendment-rights-police-say/

Last edited:
May 2019
Backatown, USA
I need to know more about this alleged threat than what has thus far been reported.
Talk to the prosecutors.
They've charged him with making a terrorist threat, a second-degree felony. They say that he intentionally panicked Walmart employees and shoppers by making it appear that he was going to stage another terrorist incident, days after the El Paso Walmart attack.
He's a moron. Let him spend a few years behind bars.
He's lucky he wasn't killed.

Last edited:
Jun 2014
United States
Talk to the prosecutors.
They've charged him with making a terrorist threat, a second-degree felony. They say that he intentionally panicked Walmart employees and shoppers by making it appear that he was going to stage another terrorist incident, days after the El Paso Walmart attack.
He's a moron. Let him spend a few years behind bars.
He's lucky he wasn't killed.

It's not my job to talk to the prosecutors, but your appeal to authority is noted. I'd say that it was the store manager who intentionally panicked the customers, by setting off the fire alarm.

I won't argue with your assessment that the young man is a moron, but I don't support prison terms for mere stupidity. Everything that he did was legal. That wouldn't be the case if Walmart forbade open carry of firearms on their premises, but they do not.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
It's not my job to talk to the prosecutors, but your appeal to authority is noted. I'd say that it was the store manager who intentionally panicked the customers, by setting off the fire alarm.

I won't argue with your assessment that the young man is a moron, but I don't support prison terms for mere stupidity. Everything that he did was legal. That wouldn't be the case if Walmart forbade open carry of firearms on their premises, but they do not.
I'm not appealing to anybody - just telling you why prosecutors have charged him with making a terrorist threat. Intentionally creating public panic is not legal, even in a state with loose gun laws.
This brain-dead gun fan entered a Walmart carrying multiple firearms and 100 rounds, wearing body armor, and filming himself - days after another person shot 50 people in another Walmart. If he was trying to come off like a terrorist about to commit some horrific act, it worked.
Store management absolutely did the right thing by evacuating the store. What were they supposed to do - wait to find out what his intentions were? "Excuse me sir, are you here to buy baby food, or are you about to open fire?"

He's facing a possible 4 years behind bars for his stunt.
Here's the prosecutor's statement:

DMITRIY N. ANDREYCHENKO

Last edited:
Jul 2019
Heartland
Making a terrorist threat.
:cool:

Aug. 9, 2019
SPD Releases Name of Armed Man Arrested in Southwest Springfield

On the afternoon of Thursday, Aug. 8, 2019, Springfield Police Officers arrested 20-year-old (DOB: 09/29/1998) Dmitriy N. Andreychenko for 1st degree making a terrorist threat.

The case is currently under review by the Greene County Prosecutor. Once formal charges are filed by the Greene County Prosecutor's Office more detailed information will be released.

Thank you to members of the media and the community of Springfield for your patience as this investigation continues.

more: Springfield Police Department
The guy did not make any threats. He complied with Missouri law. The only nitwit who broke the law was the gunslinging fireman, who committed third-degree assault by threatening the man with his gun. The cops made a false arrest, and the DA drummed up the phony terrorism charge. If I were on the jury, I would laugh the DA out of court. If the judge doesn't dismiss the case, he is a tyrant.

Jul 2019
Heartland
Lock him up.

<<Prosecutors on Friday charged Dimitry Andreychenko, of Springfield, with making a terrorist threat, saying he recklessly disregarded the risk of causing a building evacuation by knowingly sowing fear in the wake of the El Paso mass shooting at the same retail chain.

Andreychenko’s second-degree felony charge carries up to four years’ imprisonment and a fine of as much as $10,000.>>

<<While Andreychenko did not fire at anyone, according to police, a Battlefield City officer and another driver “suffered severe injuries” in a crash as the officer rushed to the scene with emergency lights and sirens.>>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...s-testing-his-nd-amendment-rights-police-say/
Cops are so incompetent the fools can't even drive cars safely.