Police: Pretty Please Refrain From Crime Until The Heat Wave Is Over!

Jan 2016
Colorado
Mar 2019
TN
I heard about that !!!

Oddly this weather is what I grew up with and lived with most of my life. I actually did move north to escape it !! I can't remember the last time it was this hot and HUMID here. Today it barely made 90 degrees, at least according to my thermometers but my gawd the humidity is just unreal. It's been sitting here for about three weeks now. I can only remember one or maybe two, other summer here in the Nashville area where we had the almost every afternoon pop up showers. This was almost every day of almost every summer when I lived in Mobile and New Orleans. Pop up showers and the whole city feels like a steam sauna !!!

I had to go to the junk yard today and grab a part for my old trunk and OMG I wasn't sure I was going to make it back to the car. It was SOOO hot and of course the part did NOT want to come off !!! My fat tired old ass crawling around on the ground struggling with a pull bar trying desperately to get that damned nut to come loose. I bent a wrench !!!

This kind of heat didn't used to bother me. I spent 20 years working in garages back before anyone had A/C in a garage. But I guess nearly 30 years of soft living, 20 years up here and XX extra pounds are taking their toll !!!

Reactions: Akosikojak
Jul 2018
North Carolina
"It is straight up hot as soccer balls out there," the department wrote in the post, which has racked up more than 106,000 shares since Friday.
Yes, a police department really used the phrase "hot as soccer balls."
In my 40 something years, never heard this expression ever used.

In the military we used to say "it is hotter than two rats f****** in a wool sock", but never ever heard "hot as soccer balls". That is is funny s*** right there my friends.:lol:

Reactions: BigLeRoy
Jul 2018
North Carolina
@BubbaJones Your post reminded me of a fellow GI member I was stationed with in California. He(a lifelong Californian used to very dry heat) went over to Charleston AFB SC for a 2+ week school in the summer time. He came back to Cali and told me, "Man I don't know you southern guys can take that kinda of heat and humidity. It was like being wrapped up in a blanket in 90+ degree heat. I was like yep, It does got humid down south, but when you grow up in it, you get used to it.

Jan 2016
Colorado
In my 40 something years, never heard this expression ever used.

In the military we used to say "it is hotter than two rats f****** in a wool sock", but never ever heard "hot as soccer balls". That is is funny s*** right there my friends.:lol:
A very common expression of this type, but for the opposite situation, is when it's "colder than a witch's tit". Which is actually not very nice, because that is one of the 'tests' that they used to identify witches back during the days of the witch-craze in Europe, when women who failed the test could be subjected to very gruesome tortures and eventually put to death.

Jan 2016
Colorado
@BubbaJones Your post reminded me of a fellow GI member I was stationed with in California. He(a lifelong Californian used to very dry heat) went over to Charleston AFB SC for a 2+ week school in the summer time. He came back to Cali and told me, "Man I don't know you southern guys can take that kinda of heat and humidity. It was like being wrapped up in a blanket in 90+ degree heat. I was like yep, It does got humid down south, but when you grow up in it, you get used to it.
In the early 1980's, I went down to Houston in mid-summer for a high school buddy's wedding, and man, it was hot AND humid. I think the temperature was in the triple digits the long weekend I was there, and the heat index was just crazy. I remember this: I felt like I was sweating even when I was taking a shower!

I NEVER want to live in such an environment!