Political correctness

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
For all the complaints conservatives have about PC, they have their own just as liberals do.

[hr][/hr]
The right has its own version of political correctness. It’s just as stifling.
Conservatives use “patriotic correctness” to regulate speech, behavior and acceptable opinions.
By Alex Nowrasteh

President-elect Donald Trump has not been shy about the “big problem in this country”: political correctness.

But conservatives have their own, nationalist version of PC, their own set of rules regulating speech, behavior and acceptable opinions.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
And making fun of rednecks, hillbillies or stupid people is taboo also.

Larry the cable guy can do it, Jeff Foxworthy can do it, but lefty elitists like me can't.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
From the article:

One of the biggest critics of patriotic correctness is National Review writer Jim Geraghty. He responded to outrage over Jeb Bush and his wife, Columba, speaking Spanish at home by writing, “What business is it of yours?” and said there is “something bafflingly insecure about our culture if we genuinely feel threatened by foreign languages spoken in the private sphere of the family home.”
I have to agree about the weirdness about people speaking more than one language. It's a source of pride that Melania Trump is a polyglot, even though her English isn't all that great, but if your first language is Spanish and your second is English, you are looked down on and people basically demand you speak English only.

I really don't get that.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
And making fun of rednecks, hillbillies or stupid people is taboo also.

Larry the cable guy can do it, Jeff Foxworthy can do it, but lefty elitists like me can't.
I can, because I am basically a redneck,and don't you forget it!Heres your sign! I am sick of political correctness,fearful of hurting the dears feelings!