Political correctness

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
You aren't a patriot by your words. In America, you just have to love your country. Even if that means tough love by disagreeing with your party or your president.

All the Dixie Chicks did was to say that they were ashamed of their president, but when Ted Nugent freaks the fuck out over Obama and calls him a Kenyan, he gets made spokesman for the NRA.
This is true. Tho, Ted Nugent probably elevated his brand by being a jerk, while the Dixie Chicks suffered quite a big blow financially.

May 2019
Still comes down to my support for the rights of private businesses. Don't like the comments of Chik-Fil-A's founder? Don't eat there.

That said, when it comes to government, that's a different matter since Constitutional rights come into play.
I also agree here -- but what's the beef? Chick-fail-A is going strong, ain't it? Didn't they run out of a signature sandwich? I used to boycott Dominoes... that is up until they were the only delivery in my area. So, kinda not really chained to some principles when they're not convenient...

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
I also agree here -- but what's the beef? Chick-fail-A is going strong, ain't it? Didn't they run out of a signature sandwich? I used to boycott Dominoes... that is up until they were the only delivery in my area. So, kinda not really chained to some principles when they're not convenient...
The point being that we have the freedom to support or boycott private businesses with only limited regulation by the government. A private business has a right to enact "political correctness" as they see fit. Government, not so much. When it's government doing it, I have a major problem with it since it's anti-Constitutional.

May 2019
The point being that we have the freedom to support or boycott private businesses with only limited regulation by the government. A private business has a right to enact "political correctness" as they see fit. Government, not so much. When it's government doing it, I have a major problem with it since it's anti-Constitutional.
Ok, I think I caught your train of thought.
Are you suggesting the gov't is imposing political correctness?

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Ok, I think I caught your train of thought.
Are you suggesting the gov't is imposing political correctness?
I do believe government does impose too much political correctness on businesses. It's one thing to regulate what businesses put in people's food, medicine, etc but it's another to regulate what they say or who they choose as their clientele. I'd sooner let the public decide with whom they choose to do business.

May 2019
I do believe government does impose too much political correctness on businesses. It's one thing to regulate what businesses put in people's food, medicine, etc but it's another to regulate what they say or who they choose as their clientele. I'd sooner let the public decide with whom they choose to do business.
Maybe I missed a memo. Give me an example of the gov't dictating speech -- it's probably obvious but I'm tired.