Poll: One-third of Americans say blackface Halloween costumes are acceptable at times

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Poll question: 'is it acceptable to darken one's skin to portray a person of another race for a Halloween costume?'. People respond to the question as written (or spoken, IDK which, but this is the wording). Author of this POS article and says that 1/3 of Americans are ok with Blackface. LOL! HayJenn eats it up and rushes to PH to share the fake news.

I guarantee that if the term BLACKFACE was in the question, the results would be very different.

Dec 2015
SoCal
Poll question: 'is it acceptable to darken one's skin to portray a person of another race for a Halloween costume?'. People respond to the question as written (or spoken, IDK which, but this is the wording). Author of this POS article and says that 1/3 of Americans are ok with Blackface. LOL! HayJenn eats it up and rushes to PH to share the fake news.

I guarantee that if the term BLACKFACE was in the question, the results would be very different.
Fair enough; it seems to be true that HayJenn substituted darkening ones skin with black-face in the title which isn't the worst of possible transgressions. Far from it.

Tsk, tsk, HayJenn.

Last edited:
Jan 2016
Colorado
Democrats get off scott free with racism. Look at the open anti Semitism.
'Scott free' is a racist expression, highly derogatory towards the Scottish people. It is just as bad as saying that someone was 'Welshing' on a bet. That's considered derogatory towards the Welsh people. Keep using bigoted language like that, and you're going to get my Irish up.

Dec 2015
SoCal
'Scott free' is a racist expression, highly derogatory towards the Scottish people. It is just as bad as saying that someone was 'Welshing' on a bet. That's considered derogatory towards the Welsh people. Keep using bigoted language like that, and you're going to get my Irish up.
It is interesting he used a term that is inherently racist to demean racism.

I am no psychologist, but study of this sort of phenomena might well be worth a Ph.D.

The paper could even be titled: Projection.

Last edited: