Pope Francis Signs Agreement with Imam, Heading Closer to One-World Religion

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Just because the three Abrahamic religions diverged doesn't mean that they still don't worship the same god. Even the Pope acknowledged this fact in his speech.
Honestly, I've never really given much credence to anything the Pope says . . .

Allah is the same god as Jehovah, and I do not understand why people have difficulty with this. Jesus is immaterial to this point, as are the differences in dogma.
Jesus isn't immaterial at this point to those who believe in the trinity of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit . . . that's a pretty big distinction IMO.

Do you understand that the Jewish faith and Christianity worship the same god? Of course you do, yet the Jews do not acknowledge the trinity (which is merely a problem solving construct anyway) or Jesus as the son of god, so the logic behind the opposition to the fact that they all share belief in the same god crumbles at this point.
Completely discounting the trinity makes equating the "god" various religions more difficult for some than others.

Furthermore, my 'opinion' has nothing to do with it, for it is simply a fact.
Well I guess we're done here then . . . might as well shut down the thread. :think::halo:

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
Honestly, I've never really given much credence to anything the Pope says . . .
Well, nor do I, but that is somewhat immaterial. It is an historical fact that the three faiths share the same god and the subject shouldn't be clouded by dogma.

Jesus isn't immaterial at this point to those who believe in the trinity of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit . . . that's a pretty big distinction IMO.
He is in this discussion. Dogma is not the subject of this discussion.

Completely discounting the trinity makes equating the "god" various religions more difficult for some than others.
Obviously, but that doesn't change the fact that the three Abrahamic religions share the same god.

Well I guess we're done here then . . .
If you like.

might as well shut down the thread. :think::halo:
The claims in the OP are a load of horse hockey anyway, but there is no need to shut it down out of petulance. I enjoy discussing this subject and it sure beats the hell out of reading about Trump and Liberals all day.

Jun 2014
United States
How is this blatantly wrong in your opinion? Muslims reject that Jesus died on the cross.

How can you state that they believe in the same God when they don't believe in a triune God?

The other one of the three branches of the Abrahamic religions, the Jews, also do not believe in a triune God. Are you therefore saying that the Yahweh of the Jews is a different God from the Yahweh of Christianity? If so, then why do the Christians consider the Old Testament a part of their biblical canon?

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
The other one of the three branches of the Abrahamic religions, the Jews, also do not believe in a triune God. Are you therefore saying that the Yahweh of the Jews is a different God from the Yahweh of Christianity? If so, then why do the Christians consider the Old Testament a part of their biblical canon?
I'm not saying anything with some final level of authority.

Don't they believe that their idea of a prophet equivalent to Jesus hasn't arrived yet? Therefore they don't abide by or believe in the new covenant covered in the NT?

I believe you probably already know the answer to your question about the OT.

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Well, nor do I, but that is somewhat immaterial. It is an historical fact that the three faiths share the same god and the subject shouldn't be clouded by dogma.
Why? Isn't dogma how every different view of God/Christ/Religion got us to where we're at today?

He is in this discussion. Dogma is not the subject of this discussion.
How can you have a discussion without it?

Obviously, but that doesn't change the fact that the three Abrahamic religions share the same god.
You understand the objection to a statement like that don't you? That's like saying the Giants, Jets and Patriots share the same fans due to all three playing football.

The claims in the OP are a load of horse hockey anyway, but there is no need to shut it down out of petulance. I enjoy discussing this subject and it sure beats the hell out of reading about Trump and Liberals all day.
I'm fine with discussing it as well . . . I'm not being petulant about it at all.

I'm up for respectful discussions any day.

Jun 2014
United States
Don't they believe that their idea of a prophet equivalent to Jesus hasn't arrived yet? Therefore they don't abide by or believe in the new covenant covered in the NT?

There have been many who have claimed to be the Jewish Messiah, and several of them have had large followings, but none have fulfilled the Jewish prophecy of what a Messiah would be. It's quite specific.

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
Why? Isn't dogma how every different view of God/Christ/Religion got us to where we're at today?
However, it is irrelevant to the discussion. The three Abrahamic faiths worship the same god ~ fact.

How can you have a discussion without it?
Because it is an historical fact.

You understand the objection to a statement like that don't you?
I do, but is driven by dogma and not the historical reality. The historical reality is that all three Abrahamic faiths worship the same god, and that cannot be disputed.

That's like saying the Giants, Jets and Patriots share the same fans due to all three playing football.
The analogy would be better if we discussed the fact that the teams all use the same type of ball.

I'm fine with discussing it as well . . . I'm not being petulant about it at all.
Good, because that is how it appeared. My apologies if I misinterpreted your post as a dismissal.

I'm up for respectful discussions any day.
I'm glad to hear it, for it is rare in this sub forum.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Christians, Jews, and Muslims worship in different ways, however, they do worship the same God.
Anyone who worships God is worshipping the same God.

The almighty doesn't care if you're kneeling for communion, counting Buddhist prayer beads, counting rosary beads, twirling like a dervish, dancing around the goat skull, or clinging to a paramedics hand in fear and wheezing out atonement.

Last edited: