Pope Francis Signs Agreement with Imam, Heading Closer to One-World Religion

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are sometimes called Abrahamic religions because they all accept the tradition of the God (known as Yahweh in Hebrew and Allah in Arabic) that revealed himself to the prophet Abraham. The theological traditions of all Abrahamic religions are thus to some extent influenced by the depiction of the God of Israel in the Tanakh, and the historical development of monotheism in the history of Judaism.
The Abrahamic God in this sense is the conception of God that remains a common attribute of all three traditions. God is conceived of as eternal, omnipotent, omniscient and as the creator of the universe. God is further held to have the properties of holiness, justice, omni-benevolence and omnipresence. Proponents of Abrahamic faiths believe that God is also transcendent, meaning that he is outside space and outside time and therefore not subject to anything within his creation, but at the same time a personal God, involved, listening to prayer and reacting to the actions of his creatures.

God in Abrahamic religions - Wikipedia

It is clearly an indisputable historical fact that the Abrahamic faiths all worship the same God. Obviously, two sprang from the original faith through the reported revelation of certain prophets (Muhammad and Jesus), however, does this mean the God changed with these new ideas? No, it doesn't and I do not understand why this is problematic.

The Jewish faith doesn't believe Jesus was the Son of God and there are grounds for this belief. The Islamic faith also doesn't believe that Jesus was the anointed one and they too have justification for this belief, but this hardly alters the God or the nature of the God, therefore all claims of otherwise are clearly specious.

Last edited:

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
Atheists are the ones who feel more knowledgeable and more qualified on religion. I find their mumblings amusing. Cut and paste is their friend on the subject.
Let me explain myself to you (not that it should be a requirement on a discussion board): I have studied Roman history for most of my life and that includes the history of Christianity. In addition, I was raised a Catholic, and indeed, I was being groomed for the clergy until I no longer believed owing to the many problems within the dogma, philology and history. I know more about the Bible and the history of Christianity than most Christians. I know the faults within the texts such as historical conflations and evidence of when the texts were written, and I could discuss the early 'heresies' and the creation of orthodoxy until your eyes glazed over. Just because one may be a believer, it does not make one an authority ~ that is fallacious reasoning, as is your childish ad hominem.

Furthermore, I C & P'ed from an authoritive text in order to bolster what I have stated from the outset, and this is often referred to by the educated as 'supporting evidence'. It's a shame you're unfamiliar with the concept, but it explains much.

I will use your pathetically childish post as evidence when Kallie finally returns to answer my question in another thread.

Last edited:
Mar 2019
Oklahoma
There have been many who have claimed to be the Jewish Messiah, and several of them have had large followings, but none have fulfilled the Jewish prophecy of what a Messiah would be. It's quite specific.
Might be a while if they're basing it on "universal peace".

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
Except the Ancient Britons? :)
Not even the Ancient Britons, for they spoke old Brythonic. English is an amalgamation of several languages including, Old Brythonic, Latin, Norse, French and Germanic dialects.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Man
Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
The Angles and (Saxons) both came from Northern Germanic tribes around 450 AD, and pretty much established the England we know. A bit more than half the English language used today came from them.

Reactions: The Man