Pope says Mother Teresa to be made a saint on Sept. 4

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Can any Roman Catholics answer a question?
What's the fastest someone has been canonized without expediting the process?

Nov 2008
Washington state
She was a scumbag. Schmoozing murderers and dictators to beg money to nurse the sick. She did nothing to prevent people getting sick, or alleviating their poverty.

See Hitchins essay below.

The fanatic, fraudulent Mother Teresa.
Hitchins is an idiot atheist. His purpose in life is to destroy people of faith. I wouldn't believe a word he says. He has done nothing for humanity that is good. He condemns good people that helps others. As far as I am concerned the guy should be locked in a cave . He does more harm then good

Dec 2015
VA
They have to wait five years and have a miracle to be considered. I am not a Catholic, but that is what I have read. Mother Theresa had one miracle where a tumor was healed in 2002 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa
It has been said that her miracles were suspect and hastily called miracles so she could become a Saint. I am NOT dismissing Mother Theresa. She has my utmost respect. But I don't believe in Saints.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
There are well over 10,000 Catholic saints. That averages to roughly one new saint every 2.5 months since the dawn of Christianity.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
They have to wait five years and have a miracle to be considered. I am not a Catholic, but that is what I have read. Mother Theresa had one miracle where a tumor was healed in 2002 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa
The "victim" claimed a beam of light shot out if a photo of the Albanian fraud and cured a tumour. Her doctor said she didn't have a tumour, but did have a different illness which was treated with medicine. No miracle.
Her only miracle was making a billion dollars in donations disappear.