Pope says Mother Teresa to be made a saint on Sept. 4

Nov 2008
Washington state
The "victim" claimed a beam of light shot out if a photo of the Albanian fraud and cured a tumour. Her doctor said she didn't have a tumour, but did have a different illness which was treated with medicine. No miracle.
Her only miracle was making a billion dollars in donations disappear.
Mother Teresa 'miracle' patient accuses nuns - Telegraph Here is the story of the lady with the tumor. Her husband claims the hospital cured her tumor, but the lady claims she was healed by Mother Theresa. Pope Francis says its a miracle accredited to the Mother.

Nov 2008
Washington state
There are more people like that in the world, you just don't run into them in the Republican party.
Its not really a political position in an issue like this. To me its refreshing to see someone that isn't wrapped up in politics for a change. Mother Theresa just did what was right and was not driven by politics at all.

Nov 2008
Washington state
My doctor and pharmacist have healed me a dozen times. They're probably responsible for hundreds, even thousands of healings. I doubt either of them have been considered for sainthood.

I suppose the doctor is a bit of a douche since he double-books appointment slots, but the pharmacist should be considered for sainthood.
We are not talking about taking an aspirin to get rid of a head ache here. She healed a woman that had brain tumors. Not something you can get medicine at the pharmacy for.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Saint Guinefort would have to be my favorite..

Guinefort the greyhound belonged to a knight who lived in a castle near Lyon. One day, the knight went hunting, leaving his infant son in the care of Guinefort. When he returned, he found the nursery in chaos – the cot was overturned, the child was nowhere to be seen and Guinefort greeted his master with bloody jaws. Believing Guinefort to have devoured his son, the knight slew the dog. He then heard a child crying; he turned over the cot and found his son lying there, safe and sound, along with the body of a viper. Guinefort had killed the snake and saved the child. On realizing the mistake the family dropped the dog down a well, covered it with stones and planted trees around it, setting up a shrine for Guinefort. Guinefort became recognised by locals as a saint for the protection of infants.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Guinefort

Last edited:
Nov 2008
Washington state
Saint Guinefort would have to my favorite..

Guinefort the greyhound belonged to a knight who lived in a castle near Lyon. One day, the knight went hunting, leaving his infant son in the care of Guinefort. When he returned, he found the nursery in chaos – the cot was overturned, the child was nowhere to be seen and Guinefort greeted his master with bloody jaws. Believing Guinefort to have devoured his son, the knight slew the dog. He then heard a child crying; he turned over the cot and found his son lying there, safe and sound, along with the body of a viper. Guinefort had killed the snake and saved the child. On realizing the mistake the family dropped the dog down a well, covered it with stones and planted trees around it, setting up a shrine for Guinefort. Guinefort became recognised by locals as a saint for the protection of infants.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Guinefort
I love the story, but feel bad he killed the dog by accident for saving the childs life. Must have been painful

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
She healed people twice.
What did she do? Whip out her magic wand, say "abracadabra" and POOF! the guy's brain abscesses went away?

Mother Teresa disgusts me. She campaigned against an Irish constitutional amendment permitting divorce.

Reactions: 4 people
Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
We are not talking about taking an aspirin to get rid of a head ache here. She healed a woman that had brain tumors. Not something you can get medicine at the pharmacy for.
What did she do? Whip out her magic wand, say abacadabra and POOF! the brain tumors went away?

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
What did she do? Whip out her magic wand, say abacadabra and POOF! the brain tumors went away?
Pretty much, except she wasn't even there, her photo did it with a light beam! Allegedly. Let's face it, some people are credulous as hell!

Reactions: 2 people