Potpourri on the Kavanaugh Hearings

Mar 2018
Florida
I am not a troll. I reluctantly post my feelings on the current administration. I am not a Trump supporter nor am I a Trump hater. I am fairly new and am not knowledgeable about politics as so many of you are. But I have been determined to read and listen. Unfortunately, my listening skills start to shut down when I hear so much anger. I do not deny the angry feelings. I do not even say they aren’t true. But that is where I shut down when it gets ugly. But I am trying to have an open mind about the hearings. So I am just going to say my fleeting thoughts. I welcome constructive communication.
My first thought is would people be so emotional and ready to pounce on Kavanaugh if Trump were not the President. What if it were someone else you disagreed with and did not hate ? So far he seems to be honorable and rules strictly by the Constitution. He is an independent thinker, IMO. He has ruled bipartisan on several issues. I especially liked his statement that an umpire has to be totally impartial. It was brought up that he maintained his neutrality even under a highly emotional case of Ben Laden’s body guard. That must have been so difficult. I, too, am concerned about women’s reproductive rights. I believe he will rule fairly I believe he is not beholden to anyone. I think I will stop here because I have given out enough to get jumped big time. Again, this is only my humble opinion. I am not to old to learn.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I am not a troll. I reluctantly post my feelings on the current administration. I am not a Trump supporter nor am I a Trump hater. I am fairly new and am not knowledgeable about politics as so many of you are. But I have been determined to read and listen. Unfortunately, my listening skills start to shut down when I hear so much anger. I do not deny the angry feelings. I do not even say they aren’t true. But that is where I shut down when it gets ugly. But I am trying to have an open mind about the hearings. So I am just going to say my fleeting thoughts. I welcome constructive communication.
My first thought is would people be so emotional and ready to pounce on Kavanaugh if Trump were not the President. What if it were someone else you disagreed with and did not hate ? So far he seems to be honorable and rules strictly by the Constitution. He is an independent thinker, IMO. He has ruled bipartisan on several issues. I especially liked his statement that an umpire has to be totally impartial. It was brought up that he maintained his neutrality even under a highly emotional case of Ben Laden’s body guard. That must have been so difficult. I, too, am concerned about women’s reproductive rights. I believe he will rule fairly I believe he is not beholden to anyone. I think I will stop here because I have given out enough to get jumped big time. Again, this is only my humble opinion. I am not to old to learn.
This has nothing to do with Trump.

Democrats loved Trump for decades before he ran for President.

Heck, Trump was a Democrat for decades.

The Left is programmed to hate anything and everyone on the right, usually dictated to them by the fake news MSM.

Had it been any other person who beat HRS they would be enduring the very same anger and vitriolic attacks by the Left as Trump is receiving.

Don't forget the Left also constantly compared W to Hitler too.

But, if you have any real doubt about this being true go back and see what all the Leftist here on this very site were saying about McCain back in 2008 when he ran for POTUS and compare it to what they are saying about him now.

It's not Trump ......

It's anything or anyone that doesn't agree with the agenda of the Left.

Kavanuagh is an excellent choice for the SCOTUS.

He would have met the same resistance regardless of who the Republican President who nominated him.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Proud of you for posting your opinion here.
We disagree on Kavanaugh who I feel will be a rubber stamp for all GOP arguments and will act as a protector of the mad tyrant in the WH.

Keep posting your thoughts......you're as smart as anyone on PH.

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
Frecks , on this forum ninety percent of the good discussions are based on presentation. Saying what you think in a civil manner more often than not receives decent responses from people. That’s one reason among many @Devil505 and I get along so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Frecks , on this forum ninety percent of the good discussions are based on presentation. Saying what you think in a civil manner more often than not receives decent responses from people. That’s one reason among many @Devil505 and I get along so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks my friend.
I had to push Frecks to post on the public forum instead of just PMing me because she thought her opinions were not worthy of public discussion on public forums when it comes to heavy political issues.
She feels comfortable on social issues but I thought she needed a little push to jump in and express herself politically.

There are no geniuses here and everyone should add input as long as it's honestly felt.
The only members I get angry with are members who intentionally mislead fellow members to advance an agenda they think is not an obvious one.

Mar 2018
Florida
Proud of you for posting your opinion here.
We disagree on Kavanaugh who I feel will be a rubber stamp for all GOP arguments and will act as a protector of the mad tyrant in the WH.

Keep posting your thoughts......you're as smart as anyone on PH.
Devil, you are too kind. This is definitely a challenge for me. Thank you for pushing me out of my comfort zone

Mar 2018
Florida
I'd like to know what it means to "rule bipartisan". Is that a ruling that neither party likes?

What are some examples of his bipartisan rulings?
Please forgive me if I can’t recall exactly what Kavanaugh said today. I remember he said he ruled at times for the environment and at times he did not. He had said he takes each case individually. He said that he’s a judges judge and not a party’s judge. I apologize if I am not paraphrasing him accurately.

Jun 2014
United States
Please forgive me if I can’t recall exactly what Kavanaugh said today. I remember he said he ruled at times for the environment and at times he did not. He had said he takes each case individually. He said that he’s a judges judge and not a party’s judge. I apologize if I am not paraphrasing him accurately.

Well, if you've ever listened to these SCOTUS interviews, then you know that the candidates do have a tendency to say nice things about themselves. Their opponents tend to do the opposite.

I'm more interested in a candidate's record than in their rhetoric.