President Donald Trump accepts House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's invitation to deliver State of the Union on Feb. 5

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
President Donald Trump accepts House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's invitation to deliver State of the Union on Feb. 5
By John Parkinson

"President Donald Trump accepted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's invitation to deliver the State of the Union address next Tuesday – bringing to a likely close a tense chapter between the two leaders."
"It is my great honor to accept," Trump wrote Pelosi. "We have a great story to tell and yet, great goals to achieve."
"After extending an initial invitation on Jan. 3 asking the president to deliver the State of the Union on Jan. 29, Pelosi eventually rescinded the invitation amid the government shutdown, urging Trump to delay his annual address until the partial government shutdown ended."

##############################################################################

Speaker Pelosi is a lady of her word. Now since the partial Trump government shutdown has ended, at least temporarily, it certainly appears like Pelosi is doing the honor to the nation's highest office.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
She should have left it another two weeks, then let him dare shut down again before his speech.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Yeah, just read about this.

I will be binge-watching Netflix that night - just like I do with his other SOTU speech :)

I wonder how many lies will he tells this time around? Maybe we should start a betting pool or something.