President Imperialist signs sweping U.S. defense bill

Nov 2005
Richmond Va
Obama signs sweeping U.S. defense spending bill

President Barack Obama has signed into law a $633 billion US defense spending bill that funds the war in Afghanistan and boosts security at US missions worldwide.

“I have approved this annual defense authorization legislation, as I have in previous years, because it authorizes essential support for service members and their families, renews vital national security programs, and helps ensure that the United States will continue to have the strongest military in the world,” Obama said in a statement early Thursday after signing the measure.

Obama, who is vacationing in Hawaii, said that he signed the measure despite reservations.

Liberal lefty my ass....

“I am empowered either to sign the bill, or reject it, as a whole,” he said.
But you're 'employed' to sign it Mr. Puppet.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Thing is he isn't running anymore, he could have not signed it. He doesn't need their lobbying campaign money anymore. But sadly the party most likely influenced his decision, other Senators and House members need defense money to support their campaigns. Both parties bought and sold..

Nov 2005
Richmond Va
Thing is he isn't running anymore, he could have not signed it. He doesn't need their lobbying campaign money anymore. But sadly the party most likely influenced his decision, other Senators and House members need defense money to support their campaigns. Both parties bought and sold..
So... what is the lesson learned today?

..they're all bought and paid for.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Obama is a complete liar and a neocon. If he says he will cut defense spending, rest assure, he will increase it.

I didn't read the article but i don't even think this is part of the NDAA of 2013. Get ready for the ministry of propaganda, and they will start locking Americans up indefinitely for nothing more than an accusation. Meanwhile Obama continues to fund AQ in Syria, and arm Mexican drug cartels.

Hell again the HSBC gets caught red handed. Do you know that you can go to prison for stealing a hot dog, yet when the banks funnel drug money, as well as the cartel, through the HSBC and it ends up in Syria, not one fucking thing happens.

Mar 2010
I don't get what you guys' issue with this is. We want to cut military spending, not eliminate all funding for the military...