President Obama, Bored With the Foreclosure Crisis. That Explains A Lot, Actually.

Oct 2010
In the empty heads of the right wingers I own
Right what?

Yea, soon as I am done with the thread I will.
You will what?

again with idiocy.
So, stop speaking in idiocy.

No. Your joblessness comes from hoarding cash by the multinationals.
the hoarding is a problem, but it's still a symptom of lowered demand and a lack of reasons to invest in products and services that peoe can't or won't buy because of joblessness and uncertainty of consumers.

If that cash, because it is paid for gets loose rates go up and government can't pay the interest on the debt.
During normal times, when the economy is sufficiently recovered, then this would be true. But for nearly 4 years of the liquidity trap, it hasn't been an issue.

Zero rates means a continuous trickling of new money. Think of it as QE during QE.
it means it's cheap for government to borrow, combined with low bond rates, means we can pay For a recovery, then see the growth pay for the borrowing. Again, simple and proven economics.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Right what?

You will what?

So, stop speaking in idiocy.

the hoarding is a problem, but it's still a symptom of lowered demand and a lack of reasons to invest in products and services that peoe can't or won't buy because of joblessness and uncertainty of consumers.

During normal times, when the economy is sufficiently recovered, then this would be true. But for nearly 4 years of the liquidity trap, it hasn't been an issue.

it means it's cheap for government to borrow, combined with low bond rates, means we can pay For a recovery, then see the growth pay for the borrowing. Again, simple and proven economics.
hahahaha I will speak my mind when I am done with this thread.

Hoarding is creating the decrease in demand. Hey smart economist guy, want a demand, have jobs.

Wall street knows that, I know that, but we ain't the bright economist that you proclaim yourself to be. If they do that and release the money back into the system then the government loses control of the rates. So they must trickle mew money in. Even on the face value to ...what is it you call me, an ignorant childlike whatever...me this is a recipe for disaster, then one would logically assume to a super economist such as yourself could see this.

No. It is the underlying issue, and why we don't have jobs.

Right, stifle the economy so the government gets CHEAPER...not cheap money.

To pay for a recovery? The government no is paying for a recover? They are failing on purpose.

Oct 2010
hahahaha I will speak my mind when I am done with this thread.
That should be a short enterprise.

Hoarding is creating the decrease in demand. Hey smart economist guy, want a demand, have jobs.
You almost got it. So now smart economist guy, tell us how to end the hoarding. Tell us how to break the cycle of the paradox of thrift.

Wall street knows that, I know that, but we ain't the bright economist that you proclaim yourself to be.
Who said I was? Wall Street knows that we need jobs. I suspect many of them know how to make it happen, or at least some of their in-house economists do. But they aren't looking at it like you are.

If they do that and release the money back into the system then the government loses control of the rates. So they must trickle mew money in. Even on the face value to ...what is it you call me, an ignorant childlike whatever...me this is a recipe for disaster, then one would logically assume to a super economist such as yourself could see this.
The only one who calls me a super economist is you. But, if the demand is created, the businesses will look to gain profits, thus an uptick in their investing in new products, or ramping up supply to meet the demand.

No. It is the underlying issue, and why we don't have jobs.
No what? The lack of demand is why we don't have better job growth in the private sector. And the shrinking government employment rolls are playing into that.

Right, stifle the economy so the government gets CHEAPER...not cheap money.
You want to stifle the economy? WTF?

To pay for a recovery? The government no is paying for a recover? They are failing on purpose.
You're delusional and barely able to communicate in English. I'm pointing out how short term demand side spending by the government ca n break the cycle of the paradox of thrift. Are you even on the subject of the OP or have any clue to what the discussion is about?

Oct 2010
Right what?

You will what?
Care to answer them michaelr? Or are you going to speak in riddles and avoid the topic more? If it's the latter, just tell me now so I don't have to waste my time reading your posts that say nothing at all.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
That should be a short enterprise.

You almost got it. So now smart economist guy, tell us how to end the hoarding. Tell us how to break the cycle of the paradox of thrift.

Who said I was? Wall Street knows that we need jobs. I suspect many of them know how to make it happen, or at least some of their in-house economists do. But they aren't looking at it like you are.

The only one who calls me a super economist is you. But, if the demand is created, the businesses will look to gain profits, thus an uptick in their investing in new products, or ramping up supply to meet the demand.

No what? The lack of demand is why we don't have better job growth in the private sector. And the shrinking government employment rolls are playing into that.

You want to stifle the economy? WTF?

You're delusional and barely able to communicate in English. I'm pointing out how short term demand side spending by the government ca n break the cycle of the paradox of thrift. Are you even on the subject of the OP or have any clue to what the discussion is about?
Ending the hoarding comes when the zero rate ends.

Listen, I hate your arrogance and just about everything about you. Let me tell you something. Your fucking Bernanke and Obama have a zero rate because no to means this scum government defaults. Wall street knows not to let the hoarded money out because that would make it impossible for the government to not pay the $16 fucking trillion in debt. There is a deal. This scum fed that you relish buys junk from the banks, they give the banks free money in QE and in zero rates. The banks loan at interest to the government, then buys equities with their profits. The corporations have an incentive to hoard, and no incentive what so ever to release the hoarded funds. You defend that shit to me every time you are on this board, and then you blame the other guy. If you knew half of what you claim, you would be on my side even if it means that you pull your head out of your partisan ass.

Last edited:
Oct 2010
Ending the hoarding comes when the zero rate ends.
Heh. That's ridicu;lous, because you already agreed that lowered demand hurts the economy, and raising rates from the zero lower bound will reduce demand without a correlating alternative to raise demand. Fiscal policy can do it best during high joblessness.

Listen, I hate your arrogance and just about everything about you.
Awesome! It means that I'm getting under the skins of those who would push economic fallacies.

Let me tell you something.
Will it have anything intelligent in it?

Your fucking Bernanke and Obama have a zero rate because no to means this scum government defaults. Wall street knows not to let the hoarded money out because that would make it impossible for the government to not pay the $16 fucking trillion in debt.
First, they are your Obama and Bernanke, too. Second, the national debt does not have an end date it has to be repaid like a mortgage does. Third, the Austrian Schoolers and supply-side retards keep pushing for austerity, which reduces demand in times like these. Fourth, every nation that has enacted austerity has seen their economies fall.

There is a deal.
monty-hall.jpg

This scum fed that you relish buys junk from the banks, they give the banks free money in QE and in zero rates. The banks loan at interest to the government, then buys equities with their profits. The corporations have an incentive to hoard, and no incentive what so ever to release the hoarded funds. You defend that shit to me every time you are on this board, and then you blame the other guy. If you knew half of what you claim, you would be on my side even if it means that you pull your head out of your partisan ass.
Not really. I'd have to know almost nothing about economics to be on your side. And I'd have to believe in all sorts of fairy tales that have no basis in reality, too.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Heh. That's ridicu;lous, because you already agreed that lowered demand hurts the economy, and raising rates from the zero lower bound will reduce demand without a correlating alternative to raise demand. Fiscal policy can do it best during high joblessness.

Awesome! It means that I'm getting under the skins of those who would push economic fallacies.

Will it have anything intelligent in it?

First, they are your Obama and Bernanke, too. Second, the national debt does not have an end date it has to be repaid like a mortgage does. Third, the Austrian Schoolers and supply-side retards keep pushing for austerity, which reduces demand in times like these. Fourth, every nation that has enacted austerity has seen their economies fall.

View attachment 2231

Not really. I'd have to know almost nothing about economics to be on your side. And I'd have to believe in all sorts of fairy tales that have no basis in reality, too.
I am convinced that you are a complete fraud. I refuse to believe you went to any school. You let me know when you have something real to say.

I hate frauds kid.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Care to answer them michaelr? Or are you going to speak in riddles and avoid the topic more? If it's the latter, just tell me now so I don't have to waste my time reading your posts that say nothing at all.
I answered the question you phony.

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
Yes yes very UNSEXY all these mundane domestic troubles. But watch out, for when leaders start getting bored they usually start wars.

Much more FUN.
Ha ha - well, that's common to many human beings, not just leaders.

In fact, I'm kinda bored myself right now.... so let me introduce you to my pal Shorty.

This is the Serbu super-shorty, it's based on my favorite Mossberg design. You fire it like this (and you gotta hold on tight):

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
It has a nice little holster that looks like this:

It uses ordinary 12-ga shot.

And, since it comes from the factory with a pistol grip, it's considered an AOW and it's transferable with a $5 stamp.

New ones go for about 800 bucks.