President Trump announces plan to enforce a ‘Clinton-era law’ related to immigration

Jan 2014
California
we are all "sucking off the system" for the simple reason we all all immigrants - unless we are Native Americans. that's you, me, and everybody else. some of us pay for those programs and some do not. but we are all citizens. if you are not a citizens, you are limited to what programs you can qualify for.
Mr. bonehead,

you may be an immigrant, I am not. I was born here, as were my parents, grand parents, and 3/4 of my great grandparents

You are using a lame, liberal bromide that is irrelevant and lacking logic.

And as I pointed out, non-citizen immigrants suck off the system at a great rate than native born and naturalized citizens.

Mar 2019
Heavy Metal Chick
Mr. bonehead,

you may be an immigrant, I am not. I was born here, as were my parents, grand parents, and 3/4 of my great grandparents

And as I pointed out, non-citizen immigrants suck off the system at a great rate than native born and naturalized citizens.
And whether they do or not, non-citizens should not be entitled to the same benefits as actual citizens.

That to me is the real issue.

If I suddenly decided to move to Mexico (never happen, but if I did), should I expect them to take care of me? Not likely.

Jul 2019
Toronto
Should....should....should....is there any logic to this? Why are these people here? Presumably, they wish to be part of our great nation, they are here, why should we not allow them help if they need it? What's the benefit to NOT helping them? If a child is sick, should we just not help them or help and hold it against them later? You aren't explaining to me how this will save us money - it won't, it will only encourage people to stay on welfare. Moreover, it will prevent them from becoming citizens and paying a lot more in taxes. Another one of der fuehrer's short sighted edicts.
They're there because, in the case of the flood at the southern border, they collectively made shit-holes out of their own countries.
And some do wanna be part of your great nation. But they are not...yet. How do you figure they are "helping"?
Is keeping wages in some jobs artificially low...a good thing? I agree that if a child is sick, the doctors should help. Thus you might wanna limit the numbers of people inside the nation who don't have the means to support themselves. Right?
How, pray tell, does not giving social assistance to non-citizens, encourage anyone to "stay on welfare"??? If they are not American citizens, they should not be getting welfare. Right? In most cases, they are complete drain on social systems until the next generation. Is that what you mean about them "helping"?

Jan 2014
California
And whether they do or not, non-citizens should not be entitled to the same benefits as actual citizens.

That to me is the real issue.

If I suddenly decided to move to Mexico (never happen, but if I did), should I expect them to take care of me? Not likely.
Mr. Z,

If you suddenly move to Canada, or any of the European, South American, African, or Asian countries, you shouldn't expect them to take care of you. The US is the only one that is stupid enough to do that.

Mar 2019
Heavy Metal Chick
They're there because, in the case of the flood at the southern border, they collectively made shit-holes out of their own countries.
And some do wanna be part of your great nation. But they are not...yet. How do you figure they are "helping"?
Is keeping wages in some jobs artificially low...a good thing? I agree that if a child is sick, the doctors should help. Thus you might wanna limit the numbers of people inside the nation who don't have the means to support themselves. Right?
How, pray tell, does not giving social assistance to non-citizens, encourage anyone to "stay on welfare"??? If they are not American citizens, they should not be getting welfare. Right? In most cases, they are complete drain on social systems until the next generation. Is that what you mean about them "helping"?
Between the Democrats screwing up cities that they are running and the illegals this country is turning into a '3rd world shithole'

Jul 2019
Toronto
Between the Democrats screwing up cities that they are running and the illegals this country is turning into a '3rd world shithole'
Ya well...when Trump declared war on the Globalists, and then actually became POTUS...who didn't think the Globalists were gonna fight back?
This horse kaka is the Globalists...fighting back.' Just part of the "Destroy Trump" brigade I'm afraid.
They're so tiresome...and obvious.
Identify your REAL enemy here...then...show them no mercy.
But ur run-o-the-mill PC person is NOT the real enemy.
They're just Lemmings set forth on a mission.
Poor souls...

Jan 2014
south
Mr. bonehead,

actually I was born here. but my ancestors were immigrants.