Prince Andrew stepping down from royal duties

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Uh oh..

Prince Andrew said on Wednesday he has asked to step down from public duties for the foreseeable future after being engulfed in a growing scandal involving Jeffrey Epstein.

Andrew, Queen Elizabeth's second son, denies an allegation that he had sex with a 17-year-old girl procured for him by his friend Epstein, the financier who killed himself in a U.S. prison while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

The scandal has escalated since Andrew's rambling explanations in a disastrous TV interview, which aired on Saturday, left many viewers incredulous. His apparent lack of compassion for Epstein's victims also drew widespread condemnation.

In a statement issued by Buckingham Palace, Andrew said the scrutiny had become a "major disruption" to the work of the Royal Family and the charities associated with him.

Andrew's conduct has spilled over into political debate ahead of Britain's Dec. 12 national election. Opposition Labour Party Leader Jeremy Corbyn said there were questions to be answered, although Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the monarchy was "beyond reproach."

"I continue to unequivocally regret my ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein," Andrew said.

Dec 2018
Florida
Uh oh..

Prince Andrew said on Wednesday he has asked to step down from public duties for the foreseeable future after being engulfed in a growing scandal involving Jeffrey Epstein.

Andrew, Queen Elizabeth's second son, denies an allegation that he had sex with a 17-year-old girl procured for him by his friend Epstein, the financier who killed himself in a U.S. prison while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

The scandal has escalated since Andrew's rambling explanations in a disastrous TV interview, which aired on Saturday, left many viewers incredulous. His apparent lack of compassion for Epstein's victims also drew widespread condemnation.

In a statement issued by Buckingham Palace, Andrew said the scrutiny had become a "major disruption" to the work of the Royal Family and the charities associated with him.

Andrew's conduct has spilled over into political debate ahead of Britain's Dec. 12 national election. Opposition Labour Party Leader Jeremy Corbyn said there were questions to be answered, although Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the monarchy was "beyond reproach."

"I continue to unequivocally regret my ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein," Andrew said.

Epstein didn’t kill himself.

As for the topic...I wonder if they had anything to do with it? Too bad we aren’t water boarding the guys who fucked up.

Reactions: The Man
Dec 2018
Florida
Royal Duties? What duties does the 8th in line for the crown exactly have except hoping that a plane carrying a 7 of the people ahead of him crashes and burns?
The crown brings in money. But they also act as head of state. They are figureheads...but not completely useless.

Reactions: The Man