Princess Bride remake?

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
The movie holds up, there is literally no point in remaking it even if you eliminate the fact that it's going to be < the original.

It would be like, like, it would be like remaking The Karate Kid or something
I was like "Oh sure! And then we can redo The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Why not.

{/symphony of sarcasm}

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
More like remaking Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein.
My sense of humor didn't come from my mother. She was, in large part, humorless. However:

She literally, LITERALLY had tears of laughter squirting out of her eyes and hitting her lenses when she watched High Anxiety. She was laughing too hard to tell me why she was laughing so hard. And I had no fucking idea that was my mother's sense of humor.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
,They did remake Karate Kid. Set in China instead of Japan. Kung Fu instead of karate. The new kid is black (played by Will Smith's son), and he is coached by Jackie Chan instead of Mr. Miyagi.

Look it up :D
And see? You had to tell him that. It was so bad, so meaningless, that nobody gave the proverbial shit. Same goes for The Wiz. Because you can't remake classic movies. It cannot be done, nor should it.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
,They did remake Karate Kid. Set in China instead of Japan. Kung Fu instead of karate. The new kid is black (played by Will Smith's son), and he is coached by Jackie Chan instead of Mr. Miyagi.

Look it up :D
More to the point. Despite all the fucked up differences between the title and the plot - it was a really good movie. Like - really good. The only bad thing about it was the brainless decision to call it "karate kid" for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

It would have been a good movie if it had been named "kung fu kid" or "young dragon" or something.

I also vote a strong "no" to a princess bride remake. Make a NEW movie with NEW characters set in medeival times that makes people think "that reminded me of the Princes Bride".

Why is that so hard?

Think of the possibilities if Hollywood had sat down and said " let's put four of the funniest women in America in a movie where they chase ghosts" and not had to jam them into a move called Ghostbusters. There's hundreds of ghost movies. Thousands. Almost none of them are named Ghostbusters. Why? Why use a name that's taken?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Man

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
Never saw it, so it doesn't really matter to me.