Private security officer stops shooting suspect at Huntsville nightclub

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The private security officer called a hero by Huntsville Police shared her story after she stopped a man from entering a Huntsville nightclub with an AK-47.
The security officer shot Samuel Williams who is facing multiple charges including possession of a firearm by a felon.

Private security officer, Latoya, said she was working at Club 3208 early Monday morning when a fight happened inside. Williams had to be removed from the club. Latoya explained when Williams was removed from the nightclub he went to a car in the parking lot and retrieved an AK-47 and started shooting.
"He started to make moves towards the door he still was firing off shots. I decided that I had to make a choice--to go ahead and stop him from entering the club. I was behind a vehicle right here at this first handicap parking spot and basically just maneuvered around the vehicle as he maneuvered around the other side of it to make sure I was properly concealed and covered," she added.
That's when she shot at Williams hitting him at least once, and then worked to make sure he was okay.
"I'm not here to kill anyone. I saw one of the entry wounds was on his thigh which can sometimes be a somewhat dangerous place to bleed out. I keep a trauma kit and tourniquet on me as everyone who carries should," she said.
Private security officer stops shooting suspect at Huntsville nightclub

Good guy with a gun.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
We have got to outlaw these good guys with a gun.

It is so destroying the Left's anti-2nd Amendment argument.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Armed private security guards everywhere is the norm in third world countries.

Congrats, USA! Welcome to the list of shithole countries :zany:
Or or or... it could be that we've finally learned how the real world works. It wasn't butterflies and rainbows before the security guards showed up.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
In a sane society, that woman would have been licensed after completing her training (which she clearly deserves), and the guy with the AK would probably had a much tougher time getting one.

Good thing there is an organization fighting to make sure he always has the right to keep one in his trunk.
I doubt it was an actual AK-47. Probably a semi-auto replica.