Pro-Life Statements in Gun Control Terms

Apr 2012
Here, there, Savoir Faire is everywhere.
Insert "2nd Amendment," "guns," "high capacity magazines," and "assault rifles" where appropriate.

Relax. Nobody is taking away your right to choose. We're just limiting abortions to the first trimester. You can have all the abortions you want in the first trimester.

Last time I checked Roe v. Wade is still in place so nobody is after your right to choose. Nobody is interested in your little womb.

Limiting the number of abortions a woman can have to 15 (7 in New York) is simply common sense. Abortion rights activists have always advocated reducing the number of abortions and making them rare. This is a common sense way to do it.

Nothing has even been passed yet so there's nothing to get excited over.

If it saves just one child then we need to take that action and make abortions illegal.

There's no reason for any woman to have an abortion outside of rape and incest. If you don't want a child then stay out of the wrong neighborhoods.

Nobody is taking away your right to choose. Making abortions illegal leaves a million other choices for you to make.

If you want an abortion, you just don't like people.

If you're a gun control advocate, hopefully this helps explain things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Dec 2007
Middle of nowhere Arkansas
Insert "2nd Amendment," "guns," "high capacity magazines," and "assault rifles" where appropriate.
Relax. Nobody is taking away your right to choose. We're just limiting abortions to the first trimester. You can have all the abortions you want in the first trimester.

Last time I checked Roe v. Wade is still in place so nobody is after your right to choose. Nobody is interested in your little womb.

Limiting the number of abortions a woman can have to 15 (7 in New York) is simply common sense. Abortion rights activists have always advocated reducing the number of abortions and making them rare. This is a common sense way to do it.

Nothing has even been passed yet so there's nothing to get excited over.

If it saves just one child then we need to take that action and make abortions illegal.

There's no reason for any woman to have an abortion outside of rape and incest. If you don't want a child then stay out of the wrong neighborhoods.

Nobody is taking away your right to choose. Making abortions illegal leaves a million other choices for you to make.

If you want an abortion, you just don't like people.

Hopefully, if you're a gun control advocate, this helps explain things.
Very imaginative post. Kudos to you. Let the sacrifice to PC begin........

Reactions: 3 people

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Trying to combine two issues like that is intellectually dishonest. A gun is not a human life... the Liberals are trying to take away human life and the freedom of one to defend themselves.

Apr 2012
Trying to combine two issues like that is intellectually dishonest. A gun is not a human life... the Liberals are trying to take away human life and the freedom of one to defend themselves.
The liberals' justification for gun control is as intellectually dishonest as their justification for abortion. Hence the OP.

I'm merely putting it in terms they are familiar with.

You don't think they'll have a problem with that, do you?

May 2013
United States
I think this would be categorized as an example of false equivalence. I believe that every life is precious. I also think that every person has the right to protect themselves and their families (IE, support gun rights). There's no hypocrisy there.

Reactions: 2 people
Apr 2012
I think this would be categorized as an example of false equivalence. I believe that every life is precious. I also think that every person has the right to protect themselves and their families (IE, support gun rights). There's no hypocrisy there.
I would totally agree on both issues. I'm pro-life and pro-gun.

Last edited:
Apr 2012
South Central Pennsylvania
There's no reason for any woman to have an abortion outside of rape and incest.
AoD, this is the only part of your PO that I disagree with. I think that you should add the life of the mother as well. My mother had an abortion in the mid 40s because the egg attached itself in the fallopian tube, instead of the uterus. If that had gone unchecked my brothers sister and myself would not have been born.

ORR

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2012
AoD, this is the only part of your PO that I disagree with. I think that you should add the life of the mother as well. My mother had an abortion in the mid 40s because the egg attached itself in the fallopian tube, instead of the uterus. If that had gone unchecked my brothers sister and myself would not have been born.

ORR
You're right. Consider that a late breaking addendum.

Nov 2010
As usual, the analogy is not even comparable, and this is the usual intellectually dishonest stuff we see most of the time from the right. Can't argue facts, logic, reasoning behind a position, so just use incorrect analogies, or just make up opposition arguments.

Abortion is regulated. There are limits on when you can get abortion. There should be limits in places where there is not, with exception to medical emergencies. Abortion is regulated. Guns are regulated, which is supported by the 2nd amendment. THe comparison would be if one is trying to argue that there should be no rules, no regulation in regards to abortion. But there is. And regulation of gun sales is not taking away guns.

Anti-abortion people want to take away rights. Gun control advocates just want rules in place, and limits. They don't take away rights to own a gun.

Y