Producer accuses Clintons of 'looting'

F

Freedom for All

Future US President Up to Her Old White Water Tricks

Producer accuses Clintons of 'looting'
By Jerry Seper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
September 25, 2006

A Hollywood producer who sought to hire President Clinton as a "rainmaker" has told a California court the former president and his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, cheated him out of a multimillion-dollar Internet venture and he wants his money back.

In a complaint to be heard today in Superior Court in Los Angeles, Peter F. Paul says the scheme was orchestrated by Mrs. Clinton, who convinced him to spend $1.9 million on campaign fundraisers prior to her November 2000 election to the Senate and then reneged on promises to help him on the Internet deal.

In a telephone interview from his California home, Paul, a convicted felon, said the Clintons "looted" his business to generate the largest contribution to Mrs. Clinton's 2000 Senate campaign in New York. Describing himself as a "disgruntled business associate" and not a "disgruntled contributor," he said the Clintons reneged on promises they made that Mr. Clinton would work with him after he left the White House.

He said he was "cajoled and then coerced" by Mr. Clinton as "an erstwhile future business partner" to make expenditures to benefit the president and his wife.

Paul produced and underwrote an August 2000 fundraiser called the "Gala Hollywood Farewell Salute to President William Jefferson Clinton," attended by numerous celebrities, including John Travolta, Brad Pitt, Whoopi Goldberg, Patrick Swayze, Michael Bolton, Diana Ross, Patti LaBelle and Melissa Etheridge.

Money raised at the all-star event went to Mrs. Clinton's successful campaign.

The Clintons' attorney, David Kendall, did not return calls for comment.

In January, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) said Mrs. Clinton's campaign committee, New York Senate 2000, underreported the cash it received from the gala. The committee agreed to pay a $35,000 fine. The committee also agreed to amend public reports to show that Paul's share of production costs for the gala were understated by $721,895.

The FEC ruling came after a four-year investigation and a separate Justice Department probe. An FBI affidavit in the case said costs of the August 2000 gala actually exceeded $1.2 million, but required FEC disclosure forms "incorrectly disclosed that the cost of the event was only $523,000."

The affidavit said the true cost of the event was "deliberately understated" to increase the amount of funds available to the Clinton campaign. Mrs. Clinton's campaign treasurer, Andrew Grossman, admitted in December he filed false FEC reports to hide more than $720,000 in Paul's contributions.
Our pals the Clintons. They can always be relied on to clean up any loose cash laying around, can't they?

I

ilikeGW

They stole items from the White House on moving day, so I wouldn't put it past them to steal the shoes off someone's feet.

C

Common Sense Craig

Eh-hem....I could say Bush stole my jobs, stole any money I "made" with his tax breaks by: allowing states to raise taxes, allowing my health care costs to go up 3000%, allowing big credit card corporations to raise the APR and minumum amount due; while prices for services and material goods went up, raises/salaries at companies for the actual workers were frozen or lowered, but payoffs and payouts for corporate executives went way up!!

I'm just saying.....I could say.............

None of those negative things happened to me under Clinton.... ....coincidence?

I could say...................

C

Common Sense Craig

They stole items from the White House on moving day, so I wouldn't put it past them to steal the shoes off someone's feet.
But remember what you said? George Bush still has two years left, (Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!!), so on the Bush's moving day, we better all be watching and taking inventory of what actual leaves the White House.

And stealing "items" from the White House is nothing compared to stealing people's lives and stealing middle-class citizen's taxes for playing war games and turning around and giving our taxes to Haliburton and Becktal for their no-bid contracts.

D

davideyoung

Craig, Clinton PESONALLY signed presidential orders raising taxes more than seven times more than any president in American history. APRs DID go up. A week in the hospital costs ME over $100,000 dollars at the time. Minumum wage was frozen under Clinton, while costs of living quadrupled.

Coincidence?

C

Common Sense Craig

Craig, Clinton PESONALLY signed presidential orders raising taxes more than seven times more than any president in American history. APRs DID go up. A week in the hospital costs ME over $100,000 dollars at the time. Minumum wage was frozen under Clinton, while costs of living quadrupled.

Coincidence?
As I was saying, none of those things happened TO ME or AFFECTED ME during Clinton's presidency. They affect me greatly during Bush's presidency.

D

davideyoung

During Bush's presidency, APRs reached their lowest point since the 1980's. You must have some credit problems if they went up higher than the Clinton years for you.

C

Common Sense Craig

Take that Craig, neener, neener, neener.
Wha..? And here I've been agreeing with things you've been saying lately!! HA HA, good thing I have my anti-neener neener neener spray!!! You'll never catch me!!

...and I was rich under Clinton and poor under Bush, so ptewy!!

C

Common Sense Craig

During Bush's presidency, APRs reached their lowest point since the 1980's. You must have some credit problems if they went up higher than the Clinton years for you.
Clinton: my APRs never went higher than 6.99

Bush: APRs: low: 16.99 high: 33.99