Protests in Iran gaining in strength.

Jan 2020
USA
Thats nonsense, I support sovereignty and people participating and controlling their own fate and govt. I will be thrilled to see the Iranian people assert themselves and get rid of that govt, I just dont think its any other nations duty, responsiblity or right to do.
Exactly. Governments and militaries cannot free people.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
Thats nonsense, I support sovereignty and people participating and controlling their own fate and govt. I will be thrilled to see the Iranian people assert themselves and get rid of that govt, I just dont think its any other nations duty, responsiblity or right to do.

Depends. If trump can be credited with sparking it through the soleimani killing you all will denounce it.

Jan 2019
southeast
I agree, but my question is why did dems support this horrific agreement with Iran? There is no making peace with that kind of dictatorship just as we have seen in North Korea? Dems condemned Trump for attempting diplomacy in N. Korea, but had no problem with diplomacy in Iran.

Oct 2013
Sweden
Depends. If trump can be credited with sparking it through the soleimani killing you all will denounce it.
Thats rather arrogant. Iranians have struggled with their govt for years but of course as per usual, america just wants to step in and take credit for everything LOL. You are talking about very long standing issues but you actually think this is Trumps doing? This is the sort of kindergarten over simplified thinking that makes us such a laughing stock.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
Thats rather arrogant. Iranians have struggled with their govt for years but of course as per usual, america just wants to step in and take credit for everything LOL. You are talking about very long standing issues but you actually think this is Trumps doing? This is the sort of kindergarten over simplified thinking that makes us such a laughing stock.

the point is, you all are lamenting the killing of soleimani, if it turns out to be the shot that sparks the iranian peoples uprising you all are going to be in a quandry

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Removing some of the sanctions...duh
But Trump just added MORE sanctions last week. Is he going to help the Iranian people by removing the sanctions he applied last week? If so, I'm not clear on his overall strategy.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
I really hope the regime does not murder a bunch of those protestors. They have a really bad history of killing protestors.

It would be great for the world if the Mullahs were trashed.

Jan 2019
southeast
But Trump just added MORE sanctions last week. Is he going to help the Iranian people by removing the sanctions he applied last week? If so, I'm not clear on his overall strategy.
We know this as well he should. But your question How does he plan to support the people of Iran? Iranian people overthrow their government and the brutal dictator and sanctions are eased which would help the Iranian people