Proving once again, liberals hate achievment...

Jan 2014
California
"We all" being who? I noticed you ignored or refused to actually address 95% of my response in favor of trying to deflect to a QUESTION about support for Donald Trump and his views on "elites" while at the same time bragging about how elite he is? I don't know if anyone else noticed that, but anyone can read our posts, including all that you appeared to ignore in favor or using your favorite big words "non sequitur". BTW, what was dishonest about my comments?
Mr. knot,

Everybody. Because you refused the address the top post because you went off on a tangent.

Jun 2013
Here
Mr. knot,

Everybody. Because you refused the address the top post because you went off on a tangent.
No, no one, BUT YOU, has noted the same and you continue to DODGE responding with any articulate and backed up defense of your position when numerous responses, even discounting or excluding any of my own, tear your OP title by-line, to pieces. You can continue to deny it all you like. That and any delusions you might have, won't change reality.

Jan 2014
California
No, no one, BUT YOU, has noted the same and you continue to DODGE responding with any articulate and backed up defense of your position when numerous responses, even discounting or excluding any of my own, tear your OP title by-line, to pieces. You can continue to deny it all you like. That and any delusions you might have, won't change reality.
Mr. Knot,

LOL, stop with your silly lawyer tricks. The fact remains rather than address the top post proving that liberals hate achievement, you went off on tangent talking about the classical definition of liberalism, none of which cites achievement.

I'll take that as acknowledgement that you agree that liberals hate achievement.

Jun 2013
Here
Mr. Knot,

LOL, stop with your silly lawyer tricks. The fact remains rather than address the top post proving that liberals hate achievement, you went off on tangent talking about the classical definition of liberalism, none of which cites achievement.

I'll take that as acknowledgement that you agree that liberals hate achievement.
No, your OP was well responded to, since you tried to define and categorize "liberals". I would dare say your "defense" of your position here would be severely lacking,, in any court of law as you continue to dodge actually responding to responses to your OP with anything, but deflections from doing so.

Your OP, not only proved nothing regarding your contentions about liberals, but you can't even respond to that which blows your contention out of the water, when it comes to pointing out, what achievements liberals have not only stood for, but have made, including the FOUNDING of this nation. The only "achievements" the current man in the WH has accomplished is to tear down the achievements of his predecessor while riding on the coattails of an economic recovery, begun, under his predecessor's administration.

Feel free to continue with your delusional/denial of reality, postings. They do not one else, but you, harm.

Jan 2014
California
No, your OP was well responded to, since you tried to define and categorize "liberals". I would dare say your "defense" of your position here would be severely lacking,, in any court of law as you continue to dodge actually responding to responses to your OP with anything, but deflections from doing so.

Your OP, not only proved nothing regarding your contentions about liberals, but you can't even respond to that which blows your contention out of the water, when it comes to pointing out, what achievements liberals have not only stood for, but have made, including the FOUNDING of this nation. The only "achievements" the current man in the WH has accomplished is to tear down the achievements of his predecessor while riding on the coattails of an economic recovery, begun, under his predecessor's administration.

Feel free to continue with your delusional/denial of reality, postings. They do not one else, but you, harm.
Mr. Knot,

I proved that liberals on the state board of education and liberals running the School of Performing arts are more concerned with creating diversity over encouraging achievement.

With regard to your second point, the liberals you talked about haven't existed for 200 years, and your points had nothing to do with achievement. So why bring them up except to admit you have no counter argument?

Jun 2013
Here
Mr. Knot,

I proved that liberals on the state board of education and liberals running the School of Performing arts are more concerned with creating diversity over encouraging achievement.

With regard to your second point, the liberals you talked about haven't existed for 200 years, and your points had nothing to do with achievement. So why bring them up except to admit you have no counter argument?
Your response to the following, was what?
Proving once again, liberals hate achievment...

Some sad attempt to use semantics to dismiss it? Now you're trying to claim that none of what was sought and achieved then, is still sought after and achieved by liberals??

LOL is right. Your post is a complaint about what? A NON-sought after achievement, by non-liberals? You proved what about ALL "liberals", by such a post?

What you proved is nothing regarding ALL liberals, nor that those in charge of the school were even "liberals".

The only thing you "proved" is that you continue to make sad attempts to stereotype about entire groups of people based on the actions of a few.

Last edited:
Jan 2014
California
Show us the ways they do NOT resemble those detailed?

"Liberalism became a distinct movement in the Age of Enlightenment, when it became popular among Western philosophers and economists. Liberalism sought to replace the norms of hereditary privilege, state religion, absolute monarchy, the divine right of kings and traditional conservatism with representative democracy and the rule of law. Liberals also ended mercantilist policies, royal monopolies and other barriers to trade, instead promoting free markets.[11]Philosopher John Locke is often credited with founding liberalism as a distinct tradition, arguing that each man has a natural right to life, liberty and property,[12] adding that governments must not violate these rights based on the social contract. While the British liberal tradition has emphasised expanding democracy, French liberalism has emphasised rejecting authoritarianism and is linked to nation-building."
Liberalism - Wikipedia
Mr. knot,

I told you, I don't follow fallacious responses, except to say that says nothing about achievement, and everything about liberals pretending to be something they are not.

Sep 2013
On a hill
So this weekend, lead article in the SF Chronicle, the top performing high school is getting dinged for requiring academic achievement and GPA as an entry requirement. Turns out too many Asians get in, but almost no blacks:

Lowell High School's competitive selection process may violate state law

Then read this where the whack job liberals running the NY School for the Performing Arts are dropping audition requirements:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/brooklyn-performing-arts-school-drops-auditions-in-diversity-push/

"A Department of Education spokesman said the process will allow all kids an opportunity without the pressure of auditioning at such a young age.

The department says audition-based admissions were blocking underprivileged kids from getting in."

Underprivileged, as in kids with absolutely no talent?
How do you know they have no talent if they’ve had no opportunity?

Sep 2013
On a hill
Educating kids that don't already have an education? That's too hard. I'd rather take the kids that are already educated, and pat myself on the back for their continued achievement any day.
It’s a conservative thing like taking the helm in a growing economy with a declining unemployment rate, and claiming an economic victory.

Jun 2013
Here
Mr. knot,

I told you, I don't follow fallacious responses, except to say that says nothing about achievement, and everything about liberals pretending to be something they are not.
The only thing you're telling anyone, is that you can't defend your own contentions and statements, so you have to come up with lame excuses for dodging, doing so.....

"A Department of Education spokesman said the process will allow all kids an opportunity without the pressure of auditioning at such a young age."
"The department says audition-based admissions were blocking underprivileged kids from getting in."
"With an enrollment of roughly 600 kids, New Voices is 52 percent white, 33 percent Hispanic, 7 percent black and 5 percent Asian, according to DOE figures."
"The new system will now reserve 52 percent of the school’s seats for kids who come from low-income families, are homeless or are English-language learners."

https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/brooklyn-performing-arts-school-drops-auditions-in-diversity-push/

"San Francisco’s Lowell High School, ranked among the best public schools in the nation, has long admitted high academic achievers to secure its elite status, a practice that has not only led to racial inequities but also could be illegal."

"For decades, parents and politicians have debated the school’s selection process, which is largely based on grade-point average and test scores, saying it has created an institution that is both a feather in the city’s cap and an embarrassment in terms of racial equity."

"There were 413 Asian American students in Lowell’s class of 2018 and eight African American students."

"But only recently have some district officials acknowledged that using grades and test scores to select students could also violate a state law that prohibits the use of academic achievement for admission to regular public schools."

“What I understand is that we probably are in violation,” said Board of Education member Mark Sanchez.
Lowell High School's competitive selection process may violate state law

"Liberalism sought to replace the norms of hereditary privilege,........"

"Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty and equality.[1][2][3] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support civil rights, democracy, secularism, gender and race equality, internationalism and the freedoms of speech, the press, religion and markets."
Liberalism - Wikipedia

So your OP post suggests you are trying to talk out of both sides of your mouth, like the POTUS and suggest "elites" are what's ruining the nation, even as you are trying to DEFEND those who cater to the "elite". You seem to be a bit confused in your mind, like the POTUS, when he bashes "elites" then claims to be even MORE elite. Do you or he really understand what the words "elite" or "achieve" mean, beyond how you THINK you can spin them into some sort of political BS?

Trump is not even among the top billionaires in the nation, much less the world, but to hear him talk about himself, only someone living under a rock might believe he was some sort of self-described god, much less a man who has achieved more or was richer than anyone else. If any people were "forgotten" who was it, that forgot them, but people like Trump?

Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $300,000 in attorney’s fees in Doral painter’s lawsuit

He didn't "forget" Stormy Daniels and a reason to pay her $130,000.

How many "self-made" achievers got a "small" million dollar loan from their daddies to go "self-make" themselves, before whatever Donald Trump also got as a "small" inheritance from his daddy?

Last edited: