Publix Halts Political Giving After David Hogg-Led Protests

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad

The Publix grocery store chain suspended political donations after Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student activist David Hogg's staged "die-in" protests over its donations to Florida GOP gubernatorial candidate Adam Putnam.

"At Publix, we respect the students and members of the community who have chosen to express their voices on these issues," the grocery store said in a statement, reports ABC News. "We regret that our contributions have led to a divide in our community. We did not intend to put our associates and the customers they serve in the middle of a political debate."

Read Newsmax: Publix Halts Political Giving After David Hogg-Led Protests | Newsmax.com

The right FEARS David Hogg, btw.

Reactions: 9 people
Sep 2006
Englewood, Fl
Mac you seem to hate that kid so much I can't fathom why. He is exercising his rights of free speech. Is that what bothers you? Is it because you don't care for the first amendment? I can't imagine why the attacks on him. If your son went through what he did, you'd be proud that he was standing up for his rights wouldn't you? Why not save that hate for Cruz? Has Trump done this to you? Sad.

Reactions: 12 people

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Mac you seem to hate that kid so much I can't fathom why. He is exercising his rights of free speech. Is that what bothers you? Is it because you don't care for the first amendment? I can't imagine why the attacks on him. If your son went through what he did, you'd be proud that he was standing up for his rights wouldn't you? Why not save that hate for Cruz? Has Trump done this to you? Sad.
Usually when a child lays down in a supermarket and screams his demands, that's considered a temper tantrum.

Has anyone ever explained to you how the First Amendment works? Let me educate you. Why do leftist seem to think the First Amendment means that no one is allowed to say anything critical about the people they like? It means someone can make a public statement and then everyone else is free to respond to that statement. So when Hogg runs around smearing and vilifying innocent people and attacking everyone except the people who were directly responsible for protecting the safety of those kids and failed to do so then we are free to point out how wrong he is. He's not standing up for his rights. He's begging for attention. Other students like Kyle Kashuv and Patrick Petty are constructively working to stop school shootings. Hogg had his chance to do that and decided to showboat instead.

Reactions: 1 person

Blah

Former Staff
Jan 2007
USA
Mac you seem to hate that kid so much I can't fathom why.
Hes a blatantly opportunistic tool. He is so desperately trying to become a paid activist by standing on the bodies of other kids its sickening.

Last edited:

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida

The Publix grocery store chain suspended political donations after Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student activist David Hogg's staged "die-in" protests over its donations to Florida GOP gubernatorial candidate Adam Putnam.

"At Publix, we respect the students and members of the community who have chosen to express their voices on these issues," the grocery store said in a statement, reports ABC News. "We regret that our contributions have led to a divide in our community. We did not intend to put our associates and the customers they serve in the middle of a political debate."

Read Newsmax: Publix Halts Political Giving After David Hogg-Led Protests | Newsmax.com

The right FEARS David Hogg, btw.

Hmm good for Publix, but Winn Dixie is still my go-to grocery.

err well thats because WD is less than 5 minutes from me whereas P is 5 minutes away :)

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Usually when a child lays down in a supermarket and screams his demands, that's considered a temper tantrum.

Has anyone ever explained to you how the First Amendment works? Let me educate you. Why do leftist seem to think the First Amendment means that no one is allowed to say anything critical about the people they like? It means someone can make a public statement and then everyone else is free to respond to that statement. So when Hogg runs around smearing and vilifying innocent people and attacking everyone except the people who were directly responsible for protecting the safety of those kids and failed to do so then we are free to point out how wrong he is. He's not standing up for his rights. He's begging for attention. Other students like Kyle Kashuv and Patrick Petty are constructively working to stop school shootings. Hogg had his chance to do that and decided to showboat instead.
LOL - especially the "Leftists" part. When has Hogg ever been successful in say, shutting down what Kashuv has to say?

Oh that's right, he hasn't.

Sorry, states have been passing their own gun control laws since Parkland and companies are pulling out of supporting the NRA.

I know your upset about that - but that's how things like this work. I would assume your more than happy about the NFL shutting down protests.

It works both ways.

Reactions: 5 people