Pussy Riot member possibly poisoned...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto

Pyotr Verzilov, a member of Pussy Riot and one of the publishers of the independent news website Mediazona, was hospitalized in critical condition late on September 11. His partner, Veronika Nikulshina, told Meduza that he’s started losing his sight, speech, and mobility.

Pyotr Verzilov is currently receiving treatment at the toxicology wing of Moscow’s Bakhrushin City Clinical Hospital. Verzilov’s friends told Meduzathat his mother came to the hospital on the evening of September 12, but staff wouldn’t let her see her son, and even refused to describe his condition or inform her about his preliminary diagnosis. “[At the hospital] they said they don’t have the right to disclose any information… They sent her away and were rude. They said they can’t admit her. They kept pointing at this sheet of paper, saying that they can’t disclose [any information] until the patient signs a release himself, but he’s unconscious,” Verzilov’s friend told Meduza.

According to Nikulshina, Verzilov started feeling unwell shortly after a court hearing on Tuesday. At six in the evening, he laid down to rest. Two hours later, when Nikulshina got home, Verzilov “woke up and said he was starting to lose his sight.” “Between eight and ten, his condition got exponentially worse. First it was his vision, then his ability to speak, and then his ability to walk,” she told Meduza.

“When the paramedics arrived, he answered all their questions, saying, ‘No, I didn’t eat anything. No, I didn’t take anything.’ He was getting worse even faster, and then he started convulsing. On the way [to the hospital], in the ambulance, he was already babbling. [...] He fell into such a half-asleep, half-unconscious state that he stopped responding to me and didn’t even recognize me anymore,” Veronika Nikulshina told Meduza.

Nikulshina says the doctors’ original analysis “didn’t turn up anything bad,” but around 1 a.m. they suddenly moved Verzilov to the hospital’s toxicology wing. Staff refused to tell her if he’d been diagnosed with “poisoning,” explaining that her status as his common-law wife “doesn’t entitle her to any rights.” “The doctor only said that his condition was serious, but his behavior was improving and he’d started responding to his own name,” Nikulshina said.

Pyotr Verzilov became a public figure in Russia in the late 2000s as a member of the “Voina” artist-activist group, where he performed demonstrations with his then wife, Nadezhda Tolokonnikova. In 2012, Tolokonnikova, Maria Alyokhina, and Yekaterina Samutsevich became international celebrities when they were tried and convicted of “premeditated hooliganism performed by an organized group of people motivated by religious hatred or hostility.” During the trial, Verzilov presented himself as Pussy Riot’s “producer.” In this role, he helped generate global media attention for the group, recruiting dozens of world-famous musicians to pledge their support for Pussy Riot. In 2014, Tolokonnikova and Alyokhina established the news website Mediazona, which conducts often daring reporting on Russia's criminal justice system, with Verzilov as its publisher.
‘First it was his vision, then his speech, and then his legs’: Pussy Riot member Pyotr Verzilov is hospitalized in critical condition and friends fear he was poisoned

FYI, Verzilov had lived here, in Canada, as a boy, having emigrated with parents, before he returned to Russia and got involved in activism and the protest art scene back there; he is a Canadian, as well as Russian citizen: Pyotr Verzilov - Wikipedia

So, if, God forbid, this should go bad for him; then they will have murdered a Western subject, btw...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
The Russkies seem to be poisoning lots of people lately...

Maybe they are getting rid of some of their old supply before it expires?
Who knows... It is evil IMHO

Poisoning is so... cowardly, in my opinion. Killing without even having to face your victim, in most cases. No wonder the scum at KGB always did like it so much...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Pyotr Verzilov, the Pussy Riot member hospitalized late Tuesday night in a suspected case of poisoning, is Canadian.

Global Affairs Canada has confirmed that the activist, who has reportedly been in emergency care in grave condition since earlier this week, holds dual Canadian and Russian citizenship, which raises serious questions about whether the Russian government was involved and how the Canadian government will respond.

Reports of the suspected poisoning came out Wednesday from a Russian radio and online news portal, quoting fellow Pussy Riot member Veronika Nikulshina.

She was quoted as saying Verzilov had lost his eyesight and was not able to speak.

During the World Cup final held in Russia in July, several members of the punk rock protest band ran onto the field to protest excessive police powers in Russia.

Verzilov, Nikulshina and two others were handed 15-day jail sentences in response.

The anti-Kremlin group first gained global attention in 2012 after three of its original members filmed a video of themselves protesting against Russian President Vladimir Putin in a church and subsequently received jail sentences.

The Kremlin does not tolerate dissent and has faced criticism for its response to protests by the group members.

But Verzilov’s case comes as Russia is under the glare of international scrutiny for allegedly having two of its citizens poison Sergei Skripal, a former spy, and his daughter earlier this year in the English town of Salisbury using a class of nerve agent called Novichok.

Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, were treated in British hospitals and have declined offers from Russia to return there, opting instead to remain in the U.K.

In response to that attack, which the Kremlin denies being involved in, 20 states including Canada expelled dozens of Russian diplomats from their countries.

The United States expelled 60 and Russia expelled the same number of American diplomats in retaliation.

Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland told reporters gathered at the Liberal caucus retreat in Saskatoon Wednesday night she is watching the situation.

She did not speculate on whether the government plans to respond.
Pussy Riot activist hospitalized over suspected poisoning in Russia is a Canadian citizen

Stadium security removing Pussy Riot members dressed in Russian police uniforms, who invaded the pitch during the World Cup Final game between France and Croatia, back in July, at Moscow's Luzhniki Stdaium

Verzilov himself, being chased by one of the security guards
:D

This all unfolded in front of Putin, Macron, Infantino, and the Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović (next to Putin in red, below), all of whom were watching the game from the VIP zone; here is Macron going nuts later, after France scored the winning goal lmao

They spoiled Putin's perfect moment. Clearly, he wasn't gonna forgive that...

Jul 2015
Florida
Boy, if ONLY Trump could get away with killing off his political enemies like his thug 'supporter'. This does not sound like a case of the flu to me.

SEPTEMBER 13, 2018 / 4:50 AM / UPDATED 2 HOURS AGO

Anti-Kremlin Pussy Riot activist seriously ill in hospital: colleagues

Verzilov, 30, staged a brief pitch invasion during the soccer World Cup final in Moscow in July along with three women affiliated to the anti-Kremlin punk band and is the publisher of Mediazona, a Russian online news outlet which focuses on human rights violations inside Russia’s penal system.

“Our friend, brother, comrade Petr Verzilov is in reanimation. His life is in danger. We think that he was poisoned,” Pussy Riot said on its official Twitter feed.

Sergei Smirnov, editor-in-chief of Mediazona, struck a more cautious note however, confirming on social media that Verzilov was in hospital but saying nobody knew his diagnosis, making it difficult to understand what was going on.

Online news portal Meduza cited Veronika Nikulshina, who it said was Verzilov’s girlfriend, describing how he had been rushed to hospital on Tuesday night after he started to lose his eyesight and ability to talk and walk.

Anti-Kremlin Pussy Riot activist seriously ill in hospital: colleagues | Reuters

Aug 2018
Vancouver
I think foreign citizenship and $2.00 will get this guy a cup of coffee if this was done in Russia.

He’ll get that old “enemybof the people” style of justice.

Ie. none.

I hope he can recover. I wish these guys the best. But Canada won’t be helping them.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I think foreign citizenship and $2.00 will get this guy a cup of coffee if this was done in Russia.

He’ll get that old “enemybof the people” style of justice.

Ie. none.

I hope he can recover. I wish these guys the best. But Canada won’t be helping them.
Same like that Uighur in China...

Jun 2014
EU. Hang Vlad Tepes from the Kremlin.

He’ll get that old “enemy of the people” style of justice.

Ie. none.

McCain didn't recover...